Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
lochraven reservoir >

lochraven reservoir

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

lochraven reservoir

Old 10-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default lochraven reservoir

Anyone hunt lochraven reservoir in md.If so how are you doing?
Old 11-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Spike

Default Hunting Lochraven in Md? ~Yes

Originally Posted by shump
Anyone hunt lochraven reservoir in md.If so how are you doing?
I have hunted there from its opening a few years ago and was shocked to see how many deer was on the property. I did harvest a nice 8 point in velvet. He was not alone and traveled with six other bucks. Wow!!! what a day to remember. But that was then and this is now. I have noticed that the deer are still there but have wised up to the hunting pressure. Take Roger Raglin's advise and "hunt the edges" Scout, find the trails (Not hard to find) and don't give up when everyone else does. Okay, here's a question for ya: The deer know when the hunters leave the woods and when they return. When should you be hunting? Good luck and aim straight.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Spike

Default Hunting Soldiers Delight WMA

Soliers delight is located in baltimore County Maryland. It is a WMA (see DNR's WMA regulations and requirments) This was one of Marylands best kept secrets until a few years not so long ago when they opening this land to hunting. One of my biggest bucks came from this property. You should look into this one. Contact Patapsco Valley State park for information and special free permit for this area. Happy hunting and don't take my spot!!! LOL
Attached Thumbnails lochraven reservoir-1122081243b.jpg  
Old 11-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Spike

Thumbs up Hunting Soldiers Delight WMA

Soliers delight is located in baltimore County Maryland. It is a WMA (see DNR's WMA regulations and requirments) This was one of Marylands best kept secrets until a few years not so long ago when they opening this land to hunting. One of my biggest bucks came from this property. You should look into this one. Contact Patapsco Valley State park for information and special free permit for this area. Happy hunting and don't take my spot!!! LOL