Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Sloooowwww  start to the season ,,,NY >

Sloooowwww start to the season ,,,NY

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sloooowwww start to the season ,,,NY

Old 10-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default Sloooowwww start to the season ,,,NY

I know theres always someone with an excuse .. LOL.
I realize I havent hunted as much so far this year compared to the last 3 yrs. , But deer sightings are WAY down .
I,m up in Northern NY hunting woods, fields and some food plots .
I ,ve had my cameras out since April and have gotten onlt a few deer on film .
I,ve been out in a couple different enclosed tree stands and have seen very few deer .
Last winter it was a normal NNY winter . By that I mean we got quite a bit of snow , Especially late in the winter 2 storms back to back with 10 to 14" each storm .
We had snow banks 15 feet on the sides of the roads .
I was worried abought the deer servival every since, Now I,m wondering if I was right ..
Anyone else been seeing a lot less deer ???
Old 10-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Spike

I hunt with my father and his friend on 80 acres near Stamford, and we are seeing a lot of does, dropped 2 so far. No bucks yet
Old 10-20-2011, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

In my area the rain has been coming down far more than I've ever seen this time of year.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

saw (and shot) buck opening am... saw 1 other deer at dark on stand in 4 sits...

been seeing alot of bucks on roads at night though...
Old 10-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Spike

We see beaucoup deer each time were out.
Smaller bucks, does, fawns, but we know from the scapes/tracks/cameras, there are several nice ones nearby.
Haven't drew back yet, but it's a-coming.
Local hunter arrowed a 153 3/8 green score 13 pt.
Dressed weight of 226 lbs. as we were told.
Saw the pics, it is/was a big deer.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Last day for bow/ muzzleloader tommorow .
Cant believe its rifle season already .
We got rain, wind and thunder/lightning this afternoon/evening ,
Somecrazy Late October weather . Rain I,d say we have enough for 2 seasons , man is it wet and muddy.
Already had to recut a couple new 4 wheeler shortcuts do to bottoming out in the muck ..
It was rain and fog this evening and seen 3 deer within 70 yards with just enough light , To bad I Didnt bring my muzzleloader ...Bow in hand ..
Old 10-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

No deer in Sidney/masonville NY. I would like to think I am cautious when it comes to scent covering , movement, making noise ect. I was on stand, my wife and another buddy differnt spots thru-out the weekend I saw the but of one deer all weekend. It was one of two deer seen all WEEK. I hope all is okay with the herd. Lots of black bear and coyote in the area.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

Agree, onondaga county sighting down for me. No sign at all in my areas that is usually loaded. Saw one doe Friday, one buck Saturday, nothing within range. Usually I see 10-12 does by now and have at least one in the freezer. I know the acorn crop is not what is was last year so they could be on different food sources. I'd like to know if anything is chasing yet but I can't see any deer to tell whether or not that is the case.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:40 AM
Fork Horn

Deer sighting in Unadilla and Afton are down too. seeing but just seems to be way down from last year. I believe that all the rain we recieved ruined some of the crops in my 2 areas and the deer have moved elsewhere. Seeing a few does here and there but for the most part absolutely no bucks at all.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:46 AM
Fork Horn

seeing deer...just keep missing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.