Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Northeastern PA

Old 10-02-2011, 08:28 AM
Spike

Default Northeastern PA

Hello. Im new to the stroudsburg PA Area and looking for some good places to hunt or make some friends in which I could go hunting with. LikeI saidim new here so I have no clue where any good places are.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Spike

You can start by researching the PA Game Commission website.
The drop-down menu under Hunt/Trap has a State Game Lands section that offers maps & info on public hunting areas.
Good luck!
Old 10-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Spike

I have no clue where any good places are.
Try Maryland.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try the Delaware Water Gap Rec. Area
Old 10-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think Hickory Run State Park and Promise Land are within easy driving distance.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try the Delaware State Forest on Rt 402, not that far from you . Or you have a big Game Lands near Wind Gap. SGL 180 in pike county off of rt 739 Lords valley is a good spot and SGL209 near Pond Eddy is a good spot but is real remote. I been hunting up that way for some 25years. Its big Woods hunting and its not easy. You should get some good Topo maps a compass, GPS and do some walking. I will say the deer numbers are down BUT there are some Big swamp Bucks in this region. Its hard hunting and don't expect to see a whole lot of deer. Good Luck

Hatchet Jack
Old 10-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try the Delaware State Forest on Rt 402, not that far from you . Or you have a big Game Lands near Wind Gap. SGL 180 in pike county off of rt 739 Lords valley is a good spot and SGL209 near Pond Eddy is a good spot but is real remote. I been hunting up that way for some 25years. Its big Woods hunting and its not easy. You should get some good Topo maps a compass, GPS and do some walking. I will say the deer numbers are down BUT there are some Big swamp Bucks in this region. Its hard hunting and don't expect to see a whole lot of deer. Good Luck

Hatchet Jack
Old 10-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Once a newbie

Hunted once upon a time in Monroe, Pike and Lackawanna counties.
Lots of public land in those areas. Luckily, at the time, I wasn't tied down by "buddies" to just one small area.

As a newbie, so late in the year, it might take you another year to get your maps, scout the area, get a compass (a gps with extra batteries can now substitute) and get good with them, get a good pair of walking feet ready.

With that much state land, you'll in the end have to decide if you're going to be a cross country hunter or a 10 acre plot hunter.