Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Message for NJ Bowman >

Message for NJ Bowman

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Message for NJ Bowman

Old 01-28-2002, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default Message for NJ Bowman

I was told by a fairly reliable source that as of Jan. 1, 2002 CrossPile no longer had hunting rights on the property you and I talk about. My brother in-law hunts a private farm on Ely-Harmony, which also butts up to the CrossPile piece. He told me the Ozarks were driving CrossPiles areas on Saturday. Now I'm begining to wonder if CrossPile loosing the property is a good thing or not. MWX
Old 01-28-2002, 01:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-28-2002, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Message for NJ Bowman

I had done a stupid thing, I began to winter bow hunt without shooting a few arrows before I got in a tree. Well I had two shots, both around 18-20yds. gave both deer a hair cut on their belly line. After it happened twice I began to wonder if it was really me. I shot at the 3-D in the yard, sure enough grouped 3 arrows at the very bottom. The problem was my launchers were worn to the point where it made a difference. I made an adjustment, and killed the next fat mama I had a chance at. I'll probably hunt again Wed. and Thurs. if it isn't 70 degrees. MWX
Old 01-28-2002, 03:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-29-2002, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys--hope all is well! I never got a chance to go out this Jan due to family/etc but the weather certainly cooperated. My Dad also stayted home so he never got his deer in NJ.

Any news on the seasons for 2002 besides the "buck" tags? These "buck" tags seem to be status quo if I am not mistaken. See ya.

Bob
Old 01-29-2002, 06:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-30-2002, 07:33 AM

NJBowman, sounds like you have a nice spot if you have at least 8 bucks to carry over. I have only seen a total of 11 deer since Nov. 15th, and I've hunted quite a bit. They really knocked the crap out of them with those long doe seasons and unlimited tags over the last few years. The deer densities here are as low, if not lower than they were in the mid 1970's. I sure hope you are right about them cutting back on the anterlerless season. I know they need to in the Salem and Gloucester County area's.
Old 01-30-2002, 10:40 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-30-2002, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

Our club in ZOne 2 has some great cover and we don't drive. It's about 250 acres surrounded by heavily hunted areas so we get a lot of deer hiding out during gun season. However, we have some people in our club that will shoot as many deer as legally possible w/o regard for sex/quality/etc. These are guys that are in their mid-late 50's and have been hunting for years. The younger guys in the club (early 30's) have been pushing for QDM and reduced buck/button take but we consistently get vetoed! What a slap in the face as we can see the future but these guys are just too "old school" or stupid to figure it out. That's why we were hoping that the Stae would mandate QDM and reduce buck tags so we are forced to comply.
See ya and can't wait till turkey!

Bob
Old 01-30-2002, 12:16 PM

NJBowman, I practice the same hunting philosphy as you've described. However, the people hunting the properties adjacent to mine kill whatever moves. Seasons are too long, and bag limits too liberal. That's one reason why I was opposed to Sunday hunting, it would be like adding another 3 full weeks to the season; three, heavily hunted full weeks. I don't know what drives Fish and Wildlife in NJ to make the decisions they do regarding deer hunting, but I don't think they have huntings best interest in mind. That is evident from the current policies.

Quick Reply: Message for NJ Bowman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.