Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Truth on deer in pa. >

Truth on deer in pa.

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Truth on deer in pa.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Yes a 17% increase is a significant failure when ARs were predicted to increase the number of 8 pts. by 100%. Furthermore, it is an indication that we may be high grading our buck just like in MIss.

You know, I am not sure you can please everyone. Always going to be people whining somewhere. 17% is better than nothing.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

While the number of 8 pts. increased by 17% the 1.5 buck harvest decreased by 53% and we now have 93,000 fewer successful buck hunters than we did before ARs were implemented.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Banned

While the number of 8 pts. increased by 17% the 1.5 buck harvest decreased by 53% and we now have 93,000 fewer successful buck hunters than we did before ARs were implemented.
Who wants to kill a 1.5 year old deer? Not very sporting. I kinda like to have a challenge. 1.5 year old is just starting his life. Not hard to fool one.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

In 2001 159K PA hunters harvested a 1.5 buck and a lot more PA hunters would have been more than happy to harvest a 1.5 buck. Furthermore, a lot of PA hunters who harvest a 2.5 buck don't even know they harvested a 2.5 buck because it is just a basket racked 5 or 6 pt. and over 18 % of the 2.5 buck aren't even AR legal.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Banned

In 2001 159K PA hunters harvested a 1.5 buck and a lot more PA hunters would have been more than happy to harvest a 1.5 buck. Furthermore, a lot of PA hunters who harvest a 2.5 buck don't even know they harvested a 2.5 buck because it is just a basket racked 5 or 6 pt. and over 18 % of the 2.5 buck aren't even AR legal.
I guess PA boys need to start learning how to hunt and quit the freakin deer drives they so dearly love.

Wait until those 18% they are 3.5 year old, and now you got yourself a deer and a good challenge
Old 01-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

You may want a challenge and that is fine with me, but the vast majority of PA hunters aren't trophy hunters and are happy with any legal buck and don't give a rip about how old it might be. Furthermore,a lot of those 2.5+ buck are harvested by rifle hunters who just happen to be at the right spot at the right time and are no more of a challenge than a 1,5 buck.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Banned

You may want a challenge and that is fine with me, but the vast majority of PA hunters aren't trophy hunters and are happy with any legal buck and don't give a rip about how old it might be. Furthermore,a lot of those 2.5+ buck are harvested by rifle hunters who just happen to be at the right spot at the right time and are no more of a challenge than a 1,5 buck.
Thats a sad state of affairs then for Pa hunters if they just want to pop a baby deer. I know for a fact, you do not speak for many PA hunters.

I know plenty of hunters who like to hunt. And are successful.

Your idea is akin to growing a garden and pulling up your vegs before they mature. Who wants that.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know for a fact, you do not speak for many PA hunters.
No you don't, you just think you do. How many PA hunters agree with your position compared to how many hunters agree with me? PA hunters are harvesting a higher percentage of our male deer as BB than before ARs. What can you cite to show that more hunters agree with you?
Old 01-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Spike

I should have just kept my mouth shut as I intended. If anyone has any further questions about hunting in the "northeast," please just message bluebird2 and be done with it.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Chochy
You might want to check your rule book again. PA is far less strict on distance from a structure you may hunt than in MD. To my knowledge you can hunt 40 yards from an occupied structure. That is for archery only, I don't hunt deer with a gun anymore, but I think that's only like 100 yards. I wouldn't plan on putting up a camera....

Start a new thread...
with permission you can hunt near any OCCUPIED building.archery is 50 yds without permission and gun is 150 yds without permission in pa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.