Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD Bow Season

Old 07-21-2003, 05:41 AM

Default MD Bow Season

I was looking at the opening date for bow season here in MD, its Sept 15. If I' m not mistaken this is a Monday, anyone else think its wierd for the opening day to be on a Monday? Traditionaly the bow opener is always a Saturday, I' m gonna have to take a day off work to hunt the opener. Anyone else know why this is? Or am I missing something.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: MD Bow Season

It' s always been the 15th no matter what day of the week it falls on unless the 15th is a Sunday then it opens on the 14th or the Saturday before.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:34 AM

I' m taking the day off also just to get out in the woods. I figure it' s a lot better than being at work, and I get to do something I like at the same time.
B
Old 07-23-2003, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used to take it off, but no more. Vacation time is better spent in early to mid November!

Old 07-23-2003, 08:23 AM
Typical Buck

I was kinda glad to see that the 15h fell on a Monday this year. Maybe there won' t be as many guys out the first day.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like Mdbowhuntr said, the bowseason here has always opened on the 15th, except on those years when the 15th falls on a Sunday--then it' s the 14th. I always take off for it and personally PREFER that it not be on a Saturday--helps to keep the crowds down.

GUN season has always started on a Saturday--maybe thats' s what you' re thinking about.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:40 AM

I recently moved to MD from PA. I have only hunted MD 2 years and I think both of those years it fell on a saturday, I just assumed it always opened on Saturday. But you know know what they say happens when you ass-u-me. Your right about a monday being better, less people running around chasing the dear all over. Thanks guys for the info.