Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
looking to join camp near Williamsport, PA >

looking to join camp near Williamsport, PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

looking to join camp near Williamsport, PA

Old 12-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Spike

Cool looking to join camp near Williamsport, PA

Hi, I have been a member of the boards for awhile. I live in Muncy, 45 yo, hunted or went out w/ others since I was 10, not hunted for a couple of years but looking to get back into it. The primary reasons for that is 1)son decided he wasn't interested. 2)no place to hunt (other than state ground or w/in situations that I don't enjoy). So, I am trying to find a good bunch of guys to hunt with. Anyone know of any camps looking for safe, fun, responsible, hard working members please give me a yell at [email protected]. Some of my criteria would be: w/in 1 hour of Williamsport/Muncy, have a cabin that can be used year round, responsible, ethical members that don't drink WHILE hunting. Leases would be fine as long as there is a place to stay. Appreciate it, have a good holiday. Jeff
Old 12-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

i know there is opening at camps in your area. i am from renovo but from looks of some of the hunters i see coming to camp lately,I WOULD NOT WANT TO BE MEMBER.

fighting,drinking,bad words,no respect for older members who cant get around,greedy.i see a LOT of this.
is it a lot of camps, NO but its not camps we were used too.

word of mouth is way to get into camp but a lot just dont let anyone in.
i understand your kids thing.kids today dont enjoy hunting.
seeing a couple of deer if you are lucky is no fun.

i would go join your local sportsmans club and ATTEND their meeting. i bet you may find someone thats knows someone etc.

thats best way to do it..

take care sproul
Old 12-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

muncy..didn't we go thru this last year? here is what we have. A camp on Hyner run mid way between rt 44 and Hyner State Park, no elec, no running water. Just a group of guys (mostly family) that enjoy getting together for bear season and a weekend in the late spring/early summer for projects. send me a pm, we'll talk more indepth if your interested. Oh by the way, we welcome kids for mentoring.