Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
This white stuff >

This white stuff

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

This white stuff

Old 12-02-2010, 10:26 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default This white stuff

How do you feel about all this white **** thats falling around Buffalo. Looking for some one to plow. Rich
Old 12-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

got it here in PA too, makes hunting easier
Old 12-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

I wish it would snow here
Old 12-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

I love setting in the woods when its so quiet that you hear the snow flakes hitting the ground
Old 12-03-2010, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The Old days in Buffalo

Originally Posted by RWK
How do you feel about all this white **** thats falling around Buffalo. Looking for some one to plow. Rich
You must be a newbie in Buffalo. And young too.
Lordy, I remember back in the early seventies and the snow in Buffalo, Rochester and Oswego, N.Y. In that latter place, I remember they got buried in more than 10 feet, one winter. Had to tie extended orange pennants on your auto bumper, so you could drive through the intersections. Nothing like looking at an entirely frozen Niagara Falls.

Don't hurt that wall, here.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Spike

yeah we just started getting our first taste of snow in pa, a little on the ground, nothing to worry about, helps with the hunting, and i prefer to hang my deer for a few days before butchering, so that is a plus, but everyone is bitching, it's so cold, i hate snow, blah blah blah. It happens every year, last year in my area we had a 2 foot snowfall in 12 hours on feb. 5th, that is something to complain about, not a measely one inch with 34 degree temperatures.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Valentine
Lordy, I remember back in the early seventies and the snow in Buffalo, Rochester and Oswego, N.Y. In that latter place, I remember they got buried in more than 10 feet, one winter. Had to tie extended orange pennants on your auto bumper, so you could drive through the intersections. Nothing like looking at an entirely frozen Niagara Falls.

Do you have any deer in that area?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:18 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Valentine

I'm old enough to remember, thats why i've had enough, about 30 in. in the yard and 4-5ft drifts
Old 12-04-2010, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like I lucked out.The forecast said my area was going to get creamed but so far only 2 inches are on the ground.Perfect for hunting but there's still snow in the forecast everyday so we'll see.