Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Sunday hunting passed in Maryland? >

Sunday hunting passed in Maryland?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sunday hunting passed in Maryland?

Old 07-18-2003, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Sunday hunting passed in Maryland?

A buddy tells me that Sunday hunting in Maryland passed a week or two ago. However, I haven' t heard a thing, so am skeptical. He said he wasn' t sure if it only applied to certain counties, or the entire state. Has anyone heard anything about this? I realize that with Ehrlich in office, there is a better chance that it will pass, but want confirmation that it passed.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:48 AM

Default RE: Sunay hunting passed in Maryland?

Sunday hunting passed in certain counties for one Sunday in Nov for bow season, and the Sunday after opening day of rifle. Just two Sundays.
You' ll have to check, because certain counties didn' t accept it.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, it amounts to an extra Sunday for SOME bowhunters and the same for gun hunters. It only applies to certain counties. Mine isn' t one of them, but the newpapers don' t tell you that by the titles of the articles relating to it.

I' m afraid that a lot of guys will read the headline " Sunday hunting OK' d in Maryland" and read no further thinking they can go out every Sunday in every county. The word needs to be spread about who it applies to and when.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:59 AM

Hey, it' s a start. I' m happy because I' ll be able to hunt those Sundays.

We also need to get the word out for as many hunters to check in a doe(s) on one or both of those Sundays. If we can show that those Sundays are affective at reducing the herd size then it will be easier to get more Sundays. So if you shoot a deer on the Sat. before remember, you have 24 hours to check it in
Old 07-21-2003, 09:53 AM

i am glad you guys at least picked up a couple of sundays!i have never had that problem here in ms. however, i lived in nc. on two different occasions and hated their laws concerning sunday hunting.the average worker only gets to hunt weekends, holidays and vacation.even though the woods are full of people on weekends,it is still worth looking forward to the weekend hunt.i am coming up on 62 and work weekends so i am finding out how much different it is being in the woods when most people are working.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:12 PM

Default RE: Sunday hunting passed in Maryland?

if i' m not mistaken i think the sunday hunts are only for those hunting on private land. tell me if i' m mistaken.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:15 AM

No, you' re correct.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:15 AM

Here is a URL to the Maryland DNR' s website that shows which counties are included in the new limited Sunday hunting law:

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/huntersguide/whatsnew.html

It' s all counties except those in Central Maryland, Frederick, Somerset, Wicomico and Worcester counties.

Hope this helps,
Jim