Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NY hunter success in Missiouri >

NY hunter success in Missiouri

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY hunter success in Missiouri

Old 11-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Spike

Default NY hunter success in Missiouri

Guys- I am a northern zone hunter from NY who tagged this guy on opening morning in Missiouri. I thought I would share a picture. Anyone want a story?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
8oint2.jpg (10.7 KB, 85 views)
Old 11-26-2010, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like a nice buck!! Congrats and tell us the story!
Old 11-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on a great buck...now get typing with the story !!!!
Old 11-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default way to go

Nice buck , very nice rack ..
WE WANT A STORY .. LOL.....
Old 11-29-2010, 05:38 AM
Spike

My father and I booked a combo hunt with Fitz Chandler at Royal Flush Outfitters in Scottland county MO. 5 days of bow and 4 days of rifle. We had been to his camp in 2006 and 2009 for rifle only and wanted to see the action in bow season.
Bow hunting was tough only due to the weather we had, it topped out at 77 one day, argh. I still saw 4 bucks I would have shot if they came close enough and did get a shot on a bruiser of a buck, atleast a 12, he had cedar hanging from his brows, I missed.
Opening morning for rifle season was perfect, the temps dropped and the deer were moving. By 7:30 I had seen almost 30 deer, a small 8, a 2 1/2 year old 11 point with a split G2, another 8 and so many doe I lost track. The buck I took I only saw for a second and decided I would take him if given the shot. I lost sight of him and my heart sank, but I was encouraged by all the movement and it was only 2 hours into the rifle hunt. 3 doe came across one of the crp feilds I was watching and he stands up 160 yards out. He bedded in the feild watching for does and one finally perked his interest and he stood up and followed them, he was there all along! They bring him in to 120 yards and he stops for a moment, broadside........ i squeezed the trigger on my ruger m77 30-06 and he takes off for the woods on a dead run. He starts wobble walking about 15 yards out from the woods so I put another one in him and down he went!
Now, for the best part. As I walked up to him and started taking pictures I heard a shot from where they had put my father. 5 minutes late rmy cell phone rings, dad smoked a 8 also! His 8 was wider and dark with a bit shorter tines. We loaded our deer up and went into town for a Steak and eggs breakfast.
We couldn't be any happier, there are bigger deer on Fitz's land but to have 2 nice 8's on the ground was an accomplishment for these 2 NY hunters!
Old 11-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Spike

Awsome. Nice long hunt too! Thats the way to do it.