Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
snow on monday for pa opener? >

snow on monday for pa opener?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

snow on monday for pa opener?

Old 11-24-2010, 02:52 AM
Spike

Default snow on monday for pa opener?

I have been watching the weather channel and they keep saying snow coming for pa.they are calling for some lake effect but won't say how much.that usually means it could be 2" or 2ft I am old enough to remember the storm of 1956 the day before thanksgiving here in erie pa.it was declared a state of an emergency. all I want is a few inches for monday.I don't know about anyone else but to me it seems like the difference of night and day with snow for deer season.as soon as I see it start to snow just before the opener my heart starts to pump faster.maybe it is because when I started to hunt deer with my dad it wasn't a case of if you had snow, but how much.many years we had fresh snow from the night before even during the week of hunting.just seeing deer in the snow, checking out the tracks, and dragging them out on it to me was what deer season was all about. I would wish all young hunters could experience that there first time out.good luck to all you hunters in pa on monday be safe.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:35 AM
Spike

Supposed to be sunny and high of 44 on the opener where we hunt, then in the 50's for Tues and Wed with Rain. Not looking forward to the rain.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

A couple yrs ago I killed a real nice 12 point on the 3rd day of the season on a miserable rainy cold day.So I dont care if it rains or not because the deer keep moveing and the hunters go home.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

well ill be hunting in the Allegheney national forest, in elk county. it should be below 32 degree so if any precipitation comes i think it will be snow, good luck to all of you! im freakin pumped!
ill be staying at the forest lodge motel, used to be called the pigeon loft. maybe some of u old timers might remember it. good luck!
Old 11-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Spike

Right now in the Poconos we are looking at a mostly sunny day with a high of 45 and no chance of precipitation. The weather up here tends to be fickle though and will change from day to day but I wouldn't mind a nice and cold, sunny dry day for opening day. I think for the last 3 or 4 years at the very least, the first day of the season has been nothing but rain. Should be a good year no matter what.

Goodluck to you fellas
Old 11-27-2010, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

its snowing now in fayette county
Old 11-28-2010, 06:35 AM
Spike

in the southwest end we're supposed to have 45 and sunny, would like a little colder, but still cold enough to let them hang overnight before butchering.