Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE Sightings

Old 08-25-2003, 10:13 AM

Default RE: DE Sightings

Glad to hear someone else is alive out there and hasnt forgotten that its only a week away!

Went out and scouted some public ground and checked the leased farm this past Saturday. Cleared an Area out for a Ground Set up for my father on the leased place too. Saw some small deer on the public ground. Not much to get excited about. The leased place though was torn up! . Put out 50lbs of corn the week before under my stand and there' s wasnt a Kernal left! [] Now Im really pumped for opening day. Just need a good wind. Love to have some of these cool temps too! [:-] We' ll see.

Everyone else ready!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 06:34 AM

I' m not ready[:@]!!!! My wife had some complications from surgery she had a two weeks ago and is just now back on her feet!! Everything is well with her but taking care of kids, etc., my scouting and shooting has really suffered! Also found out the property owner is timbering one of the farms I hunt...not sure how that will affect deer movement! Was seeing some giant bucks a few weeks ago! Hope they are still around! Hope to get out Saturday and see what' s what!
Old 08-26-2003, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

DEBob, family takes a back seat to hunting. I' m sure you have a few reliable spots that have produced in years past. I know I do. As far as the woods being timbered, it might not be too good at first but that place should be dynamite in a few years. Extra sunlight will produce new undergrowth which means more cover and browse for the deer. 6 more days