Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Where are all of the Does? >

Where are all of the Does?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Where are all of the Does?

Old 11-08-2010, 03:23 AM
Spike

Default Where are all of the Does?

I am in Northeastern NY and though I am not complaining I have not been seeing any does. Between last weekend and this weekend I have seen 6 bucks, but have yet to see a doe. I have rubs and scrapes all over the place by my treestands but again no does to visit them. Yesterday I decided to try a touch of Tinks 69 out in front of my stand. Normally I use doe pee until the week before gun season. To my amazement I have 3 bucks come in. Spike, crotch and a broken horned crotch. Not sure if it had anything to do with the Tinks but they came sniffing..... any thoughts? the property that I am hunting is almost surrounded by a large creek that is about 40' wide and about 10' deep. With all of the rain we have had, it is very high and the current is ripping. My thought was that when the creek was low, they went accrossed to the other side and now have not returned due to how the creek is running. plus there is no pressure to make them return to my side. I could be way off, but that was my initial thought.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default On the flip side for me

I,m in NothEastern NY AREA 5A.
I,ve been seeing nothing buy does,
Although I seen a couple small buck , a spike and a 4 pointer , witch I think the neibor shot already ..
I usualy see anywhere from a couple to 12 doe and fawns in the morning and 10 to mid 20,s in the afternoon ,,
I,m not BSing either ,,
Love to be seeing some nice bucks instead but with all these does around I,m sure your bucks are heading my way ... LOL....