Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Getting Landowners Permission..... >

Getting Landowners Permission.....

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Getting Landowners Permission.....

Old 07-11-2003, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default Getting Landowners Permission.....

Saturday I will be driving around Monmouth county in NJ trying to get landowners permission to bowhunt their land.

If anyone wants to join me, and try to get access, you are welcome to come along. Might shoot the bow afterwards too at Turkey Swamp.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:21 PM

Default RE: Getting Landowners Permission.....

Good luck with that.
From my experience, you will find that the big chunks of property are going to require big chunks of cash to hunt unless you know somebody. It will be far easier for you to gain permission on the smaller parcels of land though (i.e 10 acres or less). I had pretty good luck with those kind of pieces in the Millstone and Upper Freehold area. One guy in Millstone who owns 7 acres was thrilled to give me permission since he despises the deer eating his very expensive landscape. He actually told me I could sit on his deck and hunt if I wanted to, ofcourse I didn' t, but I did hunt the land and could have killed deer there any day I hunted literally within minutes of sitting on stand.
Again, look for the smaller parcels, those too small for clubs and you may have some luck.