Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Doe license

Old 09-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Spike

Default PA Doe license

I applied for my doe license in 1A and my check was cashed about a month ago. Trouble is, I still haven't received my tag in the mail..is this normal?
Old 09-04-2010, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

I havent recieved mine yet either. Dont panic. I got two for 1A and 1 for 2A. None have come in the mail yet. I wont use them all, but I can sleep better at night knowing someone else wont be using them either. If you dont get them in another two weeks, start to panic!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

checks always take twice aslong as money orders.....money orders are always the way to go with the pa govt
Old 09-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had mine in on the first day you could send them in. I still haven't received it. I sent mine to the court house in Sullivan County. A bunch of my buddies sent there's to Chester County and Montgomery County and got them back in about a week.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

Off year for me, I go every other year for thinning out the doe herd.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:33 AM
Spike

Sent a check had had mine within a week...But smaller county so guess that makes a different
Old 09-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Banned

Technically - you can send your doe application to any county treasurer and they will process your doe license application for you.

There is no more lottery type system for drawing tags for a certain zone. Licenses are sold on a first come, first sold basis. They enter your application into the computer and as long as that zone is not sold out - you get a doe license.

The bad part is - they have alternate zones which you can apply for - if your zone sells out. You never know until you get your license back - which zone you were chose for.

There are some zones in Pennsylvania where there is a unlimited allocation of doe licenses and you can apply for and buy as many as you wish. Not that there is a lot of places where you can openly hunt in Allegheny county of Philadelphia.