Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Who's Ready For NY Season To Start? >

Who's Ready For NY Season To Start?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Who's Ready For NY Season To Start?

Old 09-19-2010, 06:38 AM
Spike

I'll need to kill some coyotes before bow season,starting Oct.1st.........
Old 09-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 7MMXBOLT
Hunt steuben County every year over near Hammondsport off of Pleasant Valley Rd. and on Mt. Washington near the winding stairs on the State land. Have taken some real fine deer over the years that way.

Also hunt the Northern Zone "Adirondacks" in Franklin by Union Falls Pond off of Rt 48. Usually for the last two days of the early archery, then the first week of the ML season. Seen some of the biggest deer in my life over that way. Well over 300 lbs and 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 years old. Good job NY!!
Nice man, I grew up in Malone and hunted the Union Falls area a ton have taken some great bucks in and around union/franklin falls area.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Cant wait! and i have my eye on several good bucks.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:40 AM
Typical Buck

My youngest son who just turned 14 will be hunting with me this year. It will be a good year even if we don't get a deer.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:38 AM
Spike

bring on the whitetails
Old 09-27-2010, 05:20 AM
Spike

seaduck open oct. can't wiate
Old 09-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Canuck33
Nice man, I grew up in Malone and hunted the Union Falls area a ton have taken some great bucks in and around union/franklin falls area.
I'll say this, the first year I hunted Union I came up on two bucks bedded down together that I could of sworn looked a lot like a Mulie. Got back to camp and asked my buddy "who owns a camp on the lake" if NY had Mule deer...he laughed at me....I took that as "NO". I have seen and taken a few large Whitetail over the years but these were definitely the biggest I had ever seen in 35 years of hunting.

I still think they were some type of cross/hybrid between the two species. My buddy was telling me what I probably saw was what is called the Adirondack buck, a sub-species of the North American whitetail and the Canadian / Quebec species.

Any truth to that, that you know of?
Old 09-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by *twodogs*
Ready here. Got both doe permits in 7F so hopefully will fill the freezer quickly so I can target on a nice buck we have on a trail camera. Be safe and good shooting to all.

Still looking for a hunting partner in central NY, Utica, Rochester...
I'm ready too. I filled out the Non-Res form, sent it up to my brother-in-law, along with a copy of my Virginia license, a copy of my driver's license, not to mention $$$$, etc... He was going to go to the town clerk's office or county clerk's office and hook me up. AND TODAY IN THE MAIL, I NOW HAVE A GENUINE NEW YORK STATE NON-RESIDENT DEER HUNTING LICENSE!!

My brother-in-law got his license, doe permits, and some sort of other hunting/crop damage permit since he owns a 125 acre farm.

I am really looking forward to this hunting trip in November. You can shoot rifles in Madison Co, (7M) which is a good thing.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 7MMXBOLT
I'll say this, the first year I hunted Union I came up on two bucks bedded down together that I could of sworn looked a lot like a Mulie. Got back to camp and asked my buddy "who owns a camp on the lake" if NY had Mule deer...he laughed at me....I took that as "NO". I have seen and taken a few large Whitetail over the years but these were definitely the biggest I had ever seen in 35 years of hunting.

I still think they were some type of cross/hybrid between the two species. My buddy was telling me what I probably saw was what is called the Adirondack buck, a sub-species of the North American whitetail and the Canadian / Quebec species.

Any truth to that, that you know of?
I've never heard anything like that. And I hunt closer to canada than the malone area. I live up in Colton, right near Potsdam and I have never heard of an "adirondack buck"
Old 10-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by HardwoodHunter
I've never heard anything like that. And I hunt closer to canada than the malone area. I live up in Colton, right near Potsdam and I have never heard of an "adirondack buck"
Colton? Potsdam?

Wow small world, HardwoodHunter... I finished up high school in Parishville (graduated from Parishville-Hopkinton back in 1979).

I've been all over the Adirondacks, way back in the day. Ever since I moved away back then (joined the US Coast Guard, stayed in for a career, then retired), I still miss the Adirondacks. I hope one of these days I can make it up there and see everything, and see what's changed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.