Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
When does NJ Fish&Game co. meet and allow public comments >

When does NJ Fish&Game co. meet and allow public comments

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

When does NJ Fish&Game co. meet and allow public comments

Old 07-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Spike

Default When does NJ Fish&Game co. meet and allow public comments

I've been hunting in the not so great Garden State since the middle 70's, and I'm increasingly becoming more disappointed with the fish and game system here. Can anyone advise when and where I could put in my two cents at a public fish and game meeting/hearing. Regardless of the level of impact of whatever I say, I would still love to say my piece. I kind of expect that most people will tell me "don't waste your time because no one will listen" but I'm starting to think that if enough people step up to the plate that Trenton just might start listening one day. They might not like us too much, but they certainly want our money and keep us around for at least game mangement purposes. The state is in no position to foot the bill for anything like that right now.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Look on the fish & game web page, on the right side they have a list of upcoming meetings. alot of people do speak up (email, phone, in person) the council sets the dates, harvest allowed, etc. they are a mere puppet of the system, and I have been saying it for years, been hunting NJ since 1980.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:12 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
Look on the fish & game web page, on the right side they have a list of upcoming meetings. alot of people do speak up (email, phone, in person) the council sets the dates, harvest allowed, etc. they are a mere puppet of the system, and I have been saying it for years, been hunting NJ since 1980.
Thanks for that info. Your obviously "on da Jawwhhb". I'm finished with it now, and I don't have to worry about getting green sheeted or sued by everyone anymore. Just curious what job you're on? I worked with a lot of guys who did a lot of bow hunting. I worked with a guy (a retired sergeant) who had a pretty good sized piece of property in Hunterdon and cleaned up every year. He got them with bow, SG, and muzzle loader, and would get so many every year that he was bringing them into work and giving them away. I'm down the shore now but I still head up to North Jersey for most of my deer hunting, although my friend has been showing me some of his spots in central NJ that have panned out to be quite productive. Later this year I'm looking to take my kids on an out of state deer hunt. As of now I'm leaning towards the Carolinas because it's tough for them to get a good block of time off from school and that seems like the best place that's reasonably close. We found a hunt near Kenora (near Winnipeg Canada) on this forum that sounds really good but air travel is not that simple and I'll need at least 2 days each way, and it would be a lot better if I could cut it in half to 1 day each way. We also thought about Antelope out west but that's also quite a haul. Any suggestions on a decent guided hunt that's not too far? Thanks!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Born & raised in Bergen County, I now live in Warren County, have a small piece in the Flemington area to hunt, but most of my hunting is on public land in Sussex County. I work for the state of nj, and have 11 years left till I retire. Local guided hunts, I don't really know of any. My friend and I have a small semi-guided hunt in Illinois, about 17hrs from NJ, tags are expensive, our hunts are cheaper then all others cause we want to keep it small.