Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
MD Crossbows Legal for 2010-2011 >

MD Crossbows Legal for 2010-2011

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD Crossbows Legal for 2010-2011

Old 07-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default MD Crossbows Legal for 2010-2011

Just wanted to pass along an email I sent to DNR and there response.

My Email:
Hi,

I just had a couple questions about the deer hunting regulations for the upcoming 2010-2011 season. I noticed and have heard from a few people that crossbows are legal to use by all hunters this year instead of those with disabilities like past years. Is this correct? Also, is this new law going to be established for the upcoming years? I was just curious to the answer so I know what kind of equipment to buy for this season and do not want to get stuck with a crossbow next year if it is not going to be legal to use. Thank you very much for your help and have a great day.

DNR Response:
Hello Allen,

Thank you for contacting the Maryland Department of Natural.

Yes, crossbows may be used to hunt any game species during any open season where a vertical bow may be used (excluding waterfowl and certain furbearers) by all hunters. Also, crossbows can be used during the entire deer bow season in all counties by all hunters. The Crossbow Permit for disabled hunters is no longer needed. This information is located on page 11 of the 2010-2011 Maryland Guide to Hunting and Trapping. In addition, this information is located on the Department’s website at http://www.dnr.state.md.us/huntersguide/whatsnew.asp . We expect crossbows to be legal for all deer seasons for all hunters for the foreseeable future.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

this is the worst thing that could have happend to maryland in the past ten years. i know all you private land guys dont see my point and think im crazy but i invite anyone to come this year with me to hunt on public land at senica creak state park and then you will see my point,
Old 08-30-2010, 01:16 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DR KILL
this is the worst thing that could have happend to maryland in the past ten years. i know all you private land guys dont see my point and think im crazy but i invite anyone to come this year with me to hunt on public land at senica creak state park and then you will see my point,
I think the first year will be the worst for public land, and after that it will be backl to normal IMO. Good luck this year, it may just be time to scope out some places really off the beaten path. I was thinking of trying Loch Raven this year.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

WOW.... ya know other states didn't fall apart when they included crossbows into their archery seasons... so I'm thinking that Maryland will come out of this just fine. Go to the VDGIF's web page and look at the numbers from last year.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

itsslow98 loch raven is an awesome place to hunt and there are lots of deer in that area but gl finding a place in there that is off the beating path.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

itsslow98 loch raven is an awesome place to hunt and there are lots of deer in that area but gl finding a place in there that is off the beating path.
Thanks, i drive by there all the time and have hiked those woods many times when i was younger fishing the shorelines. I may give it a try this year now that i picked up a ground blind that easy to carry. Im not a big fan of climbers myself.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Didn't notice much diff in the number of people at the public I hunt. Actually there were less.