Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
what happened to empire hunting webste >

what happened to empire hunting webste

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

what happened to empire hunting webste

Old 07-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by W.Ztirem
What,me worry! I have my property surrounded with Claymores!
well I prefer the 12ga but hey nothing wrong with a little creativity.

Last I looked the sky was not falling!
Sure about that? who cares anyway? the sky isnt what kicks your door in during a home invasion. why does the sky have to be falling for you to be prepared for an emergency? my 12ga wont harm anyone unless they enter my home uninvited , better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

By the way, prisons are violent because they are full of violent felons.
The hell you say!
Old 07-31-2010, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

DearandBearHog - botttom line is: liberals are a little touched in the head.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
DearandBearHog - botttom line is: liberals are a little touched in the head.
Once again , "the hell you say"

barnes, Im thinking the atmosphere at "empire liberal hunting forum" would be lost on you aswell my friend
Old 08-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
On pg 18 of the 2009/10 dec HB, under manner of taking it says "it is unlawful to possess a firearm of any descrp. when bowhunting or accompanying a person BHing during spl. BH season. to me, and apparently to DEC officers that have stopped me, that means when you are out bowhunting, if you are possessing a gun, even in your car ,they will assume you brought it into the field, if not they wouldve specified "in the field". I tell ya what though, put a bow in your car during archery deer season, next time youre out small game hunting, and drive through a DEC check point. Tell em you were bowhunting deer that day w/ your gun in your car. I guess well see what happens

That said I find it pretty comical that all you could come up w/ to argue my points, was a loose interpretation of one of many laws I gave as examples, of stupid weapon laws in NY. That and a measly little yth turkry season and DMP transfers, wow that really makes upfor all the other stuff i mentioned

I would really like for you or one of the other empire hunting forum liberals, to tell me why NY gun control laws are so great. so far all you can offer is the old "love it or leave it" line
How does driving around with a gun in your vehicle when bow season is open automatically mean you were hunting illegally?By that logic if I'm driving around with a gun or bow in the vehicle when the seasons are closed I'm automatically guilty of poaching.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bernie P.
How does driving around with a gun in your vehicle when bow season is open automatically mean you were hunting illegally?By that logic if I'm driving around with a gun or bow in the vehicle when the seasons are closed I'm automatically guilty of poaching.
Didnt say it made sense. Does it make sense that you can own a hi-cap magazine, as long as its at least 26 years old, and the gun doesnt have a bayonet????

Its one of those stupid NY weapons resrtiction laws, that they leave open to interpretation, so they can **** w/ you.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Spike

I was PM'd by a member on the http://HuntingNY.com site today telling me a little about what had happened to the empire site. They said that what lead to the demise was all the arguing and bickering about AR and other things. From what I have observed, those arguments have kept themselves pretty much contained to those threads that are relevant. I didn't get to observe the final month of empire, but once I realized it was gone I fired up the http://HuntingNY.com site to get back in touch with the guys I loved to BS with. None the less, it is lightly moderated, as SteveB said, the only thing I've done is remove a few curses here and there to keep it somewhat family friendly and moved a post here and there to the relevant Forum area. The Arguing is great, that's how opinions, facts, idea's, and whatever else get across so people can make a decision / form their own opinion. Every single person has been great on the site, and I hope it grows to be a great place for all NY Hunters. Have fun.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

That was sort of a lame excuse for shutting down the old forum. I think it was more like the old administrators not liking the fact that people took them to task on things like AR's. Lots of good reasons against them were given and they didn't like hearing them. They wanted everyone to march lock step FOR AR's in NYS! Anyway, I really like the new site. Keep up the good work with it!!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:36 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Steve863
That was sort of a lame excuse for shutting down the old forum. I think it was more like the old administrators not liking the fact that people took them to task on things like AR's. Lots of good reasons against them were given and they didn't like hearing them. They wanted everyone to march lock step FOR AR's in NYS! Anyway, I really like the new site. Keep up the good work with it!!
I think the main reason the site folded (without notice) was that it was not profitable enough to justify the amount of time it took to maintain the site. If one looks at the site activity prior to its demise you will realize that "site hits " were way down. Perhaps the sponsors pulled their support. In any event we would all like to hear from Rob as to why he elected to close the site.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Spike

After reading through this thread it is exhilarating to know that we as fellow hunters can have views ranging from the extreme right to the far left. I myself fall somewhere in between. Deerandbearhog, I have to agree with you when you say taking guns out of the LAW ABIDING CITIZENS hands would not lower the amount of guns that a criminal gets his hands on. But Steve863 never said he was in favor of taking the guns out of LAW ABIDING CITIZENS hands. He simply stated that if all gun sales were required to be reported (even the private sales) than the amount of guns LEGALLY available to criminals would diminish. Criminals will still find a way to be criminals, that's what they do, but there is no reason we as LAW ABIDING CITIZENS should make it easier for them. Who cares if you have to wait a few extra minutes to get your gun.

Also, your interpretation on the law stating that you cannot be in possession of a firearm while bowhunting is very incorrect. If you were questioned by a law enforcement officer about that than I would suggest finding him and telling him to get some help with his interpretation. The law states that you cannot be in posession of a firearm while bowhunting. You are not bowhunting while you are in a vehicle. You are driving and there is no law on the books that states you cannot transport firearms and archery equipment at the same time. I do agree with the law though. I see no reason to carry a firearm while bowhunting.

I never was on the old Empire site but I am on the http://HuntingNY.com site. It is a great site and I am glad I found it. I spend more time there than here. I gave up on this site a while back when it became a "who is gonna trash the Penn DNR next and every other discussion was about AR's and lack of deer in Penn". I am glad I found a NY only site.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jimbodwb
After reading through this thread it is exhilarating to know that we as fellow hunters can have views ranging from the extreme right to the far left. I myself fall somewhere in between. Deerandbearhog, I have to agree with you when you say taking guns out of the LAW ABIDING CITIZENS hands would not lower the amount of guns that a criminal gets his hands on. But Steve863 never said he was in favor of taking the guns out of LAW ABIDING CITIZENS hands. He simply stated that if all gun sales were required to be reported (even the private sales) than the amount of guns LEGALLY available to criminals would diminish. Criminals will still find a way to be criminals, that's what they do, but there is no reason we as LAW ABIDING CITIZENS should make it easier for them. Who cares if you have to wait a few extra minutes to get your gun.

Also, your interpretation on the law stating that you cannot be in possession of a firearm while bowhunting is very incorrect. If you were questioned by a law enforcement officer about that than I would suggest finding him and telling him to get some help with his interpretation. The law states that you cannot be in posession of a firearm while bowhunting. You are not bowhunting while you are in a vehicle. You are driving and there is no law on the books that states you cannot transport firearms and archery equipment at the same time. I do agree with the law though. I see no reason to carry a firearm while bowhunting.
Nore NY liberal nonsense , is there no end? Do you actaully think NY gun restrictions and "common sense gun control" stops at NICS checks in this state??? have you ever tried to own a handgun in this state? Ever tried to buy a an AR15? Hi cap mags? what about mandatory trigger locks? these restriction are ridiculous! My whole point is stop resticting the guns and start resticting the criminals , doesnt that make more sense?

As far as my interpretation of the law, if youre so sure im "very incorrect" why dont you drive through a deer check point with a shotgun and your bow in your vehicle during archery season, better yet do it while transporting a dead deer, and see what the nice DEC officer interpretation is?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.