Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Booner Buck in Buffalo >

Booner Buck in Buffalo

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Booner Buck in Buffalo

Old 07-02-2003, 05:31 PM

Default Booner Buck in Buffalo

There' s a monster buck, hold up in a little strip of wood' s along the n.y.state thruway in buffalo, it' s within the city limits so it' s a non hunting area, this place
has had monster in there before, in the 150 class range, I know because i' ve seen
shed' s from guy I know, that' s found them there, I am not kidding you when I tell
you this buck is already at 190" class, stop on the shoulder the other day and looked him over real good, go to deer hunting section and read the number' s
icome up with just a matter of time before he get' s hit by a car[X(]
Old 07-14-2003, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Booner Buck in Buffalo

A good friend of mine, Dale John, has found several sheds in that area as well!!
A friend of his has personally taken some pic' s of those monsters!! 300+ lb bucks!! You can' t hunt them there and they die of old age!!
Old 07-15-2003, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been up around buffalo this past fall/winter for hockey games , and have seen some of these massive buck feeding on the shoulders . maybe u can get some pics and post them. I have been seeing some big ones around where we hunt but nothing huge yet. but i was at my uncles this past week , and saw atleast a 180 class buck in velvet it was insane , he still has atleast another month to grow too so hes gonna be a dandy. But as in ur situation he lives in small wood lots in the suburbs of pittsburgh.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:26 AM

Double lungs, have been bring the camera with me the last 2 weeks,and have not
seen the buck, have a 400mm lens on it, this area is very dangerous for pulling to the shoulder, could also get a ticket, but this buck is worth it,[] the growth
is unreal for this time of year, did go out last night with the camera, to the farm
i hunt, in southern erie co, and saw a group of 8 bucks 6 were small 2 were mature buck, very well doveloped though, have 2 sheds that I found there in april
on soild 130 to 145 class on 2 diferant bucks, non were to ones I saw last night though, hope I see them while in stand with bow in my hand
Old 07-19-2003, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

Norse--the areas of NJ that have seen a lot of suburban sprawl as well as some of the NYC suburbs are where the monsters now lurk. I live about 22 miles NW of NYC and have personally seen several bucks that would easily score 150--160. Once while going muzzle loader hunting to my club (50 mile drive), I watched a huge non-typical chase a doe across someone' s lawn about 2 blocks from my house! He stood there looking at me while I actually complated loading the damn gun! THis was at 4.30am.

Anyway, bowhunting is the way to go in these areas of jersey although hunting is outlawed in my county.