Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NY crossbow bills >

NY crossbow bills

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY crossbow bills

Old 06-27-2010, 04:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default NY crossbow bills

i just read an artical in ny outdoor news that crossbow bill(S06793A)has stalled. But bill A00924 is at this point in the process and apparently still has life and is coming up for some kinda vote tommorow???

BILL NO A00924E

01/07/2009 referred to environmental conservation
01/06/2010 referred to environmental conservation
02/03/2010 amend and recommit to environmental conservation
02/03/2010 print number 924a
05/25/2010 amend (t) and recommit to environmental conservation
05/25/2010 print number 924b
06/03/2010 amend and recommit to environmental conservation
06/03/2010 print number 924c
06/15/2010 amend (t) and recommit to environmental conservation
06/15/2010 print number 924d
06/17/2010 amend and recommit to environmental conservation
06/17/2010 print number 924e
06/23/2010 reported referred to codes
06/25/2010 reported referred to rules

i have no idea what these discriptions mean, (06/25/2010 reported referred to rules), what the heck does this mean???
should we get a group together and head up to Albany tomorrow to show support for this????????
i mean how the heck are we NY'ers supposed to support this when no one no where seems to know whats happening?
Old 06-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

You'd think the great NYCHA would keep its members informed like NYB does. Oh wait I forgot they still don't have a membership!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

I may get grilled for this, but I reallly don't care.....
I don't like crossbows. Either you want to gun hunt or bow hunt, but choose one or do them both TRADITIONALLY. But wait to chastise me just yet.....I completely understand if you have a condition in which that is the only way you can bowhunt. That I have no problem with, and even applaud for you being out there. But I personally can't stand crossbows. Seems like cheating to me SO there ya go. Fire away boys.

BigBuck95
Old 06-29-2010, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Either you want to gun hunt or bow hunt, but choose one or do them both TRADITIONALLY.
You mean like that 40 year tradition of compounds as compared to 2400 for the crossbow and 3000 plus for wheelless bows?
Old 06-29-2010, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigBuck95
I may get grilled for this, but I reallly don't care.....
I don't like crossbows. Either you want to gun hunt or bow hunt, but choose one or do them both TRADITIONALLY. But wait to chastise me just yet.....I completely understand if you have a condition in which that is the only way you can bowhunt. That I have no problem with, and even applaud for you being out there. But I personally can't stand crossbows. Seems like cheating to me SO there ya go. Fire away boys.

BigBuck95
I can't stand cross, compound, recurve bows or firearms. If you're going to hunt, choose the TRADITIONAL longbow. I completely understand if you have a condition in which that is the only way you can hunt. That I have no problem with, and even applaud for you being out there. But I personally can't stand any hunting implement other than the longbow. Anything else seems like cheating to me SO there ya go. Fire away boys.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
You mean like that 40 year tradition of compounds as compared to 2400 for the crossbow and 3000 plus for wheelless bows?
Touche

Originally Posted by Sylvan
I can't stand cross, compound, recurve bows or firearms. If you're going to hunt, choose the TRADITIONAL longbow. I completely understand if you have a condition in which that is the only way you can hunt. That I have no problem with, and even applaud for you being out there. But I personally can't stand any hunting implement other than the longbow. Anything else seems like cheating to me SO there ya go. Fire away boys.
I agree, and I would probably be in the same boat as you, except for that I am fairly young and have not had the chance to hunt or even really shoot one. They sound like the coolest thing since sliced bread, and I mean that with all honesty And, I respect your opinon Sylvan

BigBuck95
Old 06-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think alot of the animosity towards x bows, compounds, or guns is based on greed. Some hunters want there to be less other hunter in the woods, so theyll be more game for them, wrong! less hunters, means less hunting, in the future. remember, there is strength in #s. IMO, the only thing a legal weapon should do, is put a 1" hole, or better, through a deer. What difference does it make, how easy it is, or how far away the deer is when its shot?
Old 06-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BuckAlley
You'd think the great NYCHA would keep its members informed like NYB does. Oh wait I forgot they still don't have a membership!!!!!!
belonging to an anti hunting club like the NY bowwhiners is something i wouldnt be too proud of. dont worry crossbows will come to NY and yes the clubs will follow
Old 06-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Poll on the AT shows only 26% of the bowhunters being anti crossbow.
Interesting.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:13 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
Poll on the AT shows only 26% of the bowhunters being anti crossbow.
Interesting.
There you go, if it says it on the internet, has to be true. Right

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.