Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NY crossbow bills >

NY crossbow bills

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY crossbow bills

Old 06-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Spike

Bill 00924E just passed in the Assembly this afternoon. All that is needed now is for it is to be approved in the Senate. After that, Done Deal!
Old 06-30-2010, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
There you go, if it says it on the internet, has to be true. Right
Open poll on Archerytalk - doubt the results have been manipulated.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigBuck95
Touche

I agree, and I would probably be in the same boat as you, except for that I am fairly young and have not had the chance to hunt or even really shoot one. They sound like the coolest thing since sliced bread, and I mean that with all honesty And, I respect your opinon Sylvan

BigBuck95
Hope you realize I was being facetious.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

HOLY COW, looks like the bill passed the senate!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

great!!!!! i dont hate crossbows themselves, they are pretty cool to shoot and i also dont mind a few more people in the woods, because there is nobody in the woods during bow season, but i dont like all the idiots who dont know what they are doing in the woods with it
Old 07-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its on the governers desk for signing.
Allows them in reg and late bow/mz and possible wording to allow them in reg bow on private land. It's a start!
Old 07-02-2010, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

Very happy to hear that
Old 07-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Sylvan
I can't stand cross, compound, recurve bows or firearms. If you're going to hunt, choose the TRADITIONAL longbow. I completely understand if you have a condition in which that is the only way you can hunt. That I have no problem with, and even applaud for you being out there. But I personally can't stand any hunting implement other than the longbow. Anything else seems like cheating to me SO there ya go. Fire away boys.
When do suppose we will hear from the the advocates for the introduction of sling shots as legal hunting implements?
Old 07-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
Its on the governers desk for signing.
Allows them in reg and late bow/mz and possible wording to allow them in reg bow on private land. It's a start!
The NY Bowhunter heirarchy must be be apoplectic just about now!

I would assume that the majority of the NYBH (what a croc) rank and file can hardly contain themselves over this recent turn of events.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm glad for you guys. Its all up to Patterson now. I myself do not hate crossbows themselves. I wouldn't have a problem with them in same season as muzzleloaders. I just personnally don't want them in archery season. I just truly feel crossbows are not archery equipment. I've handled them, seen what they can do, and regardless they have a very distinct advantage. I've always said archery season is open to everyone that wants to learn to shoot a bow. If others failed to take advantage of it, thats their own loss. Handicapped is a different story. I'm not against lighter restrictions. But I wonder why would anyone want to carry a weapon that is heavier, bulkier when there are means to put attachments on modern bows such as draw locks for the handicapped. Those are just my opinions and I'm entitled to them
However what really does bother me alot, is the bashing of NYB. This organization set a mission statement on crossbows many yrs ago. They have stuck by it. Long before PETA got involved with crossbows. To call them names, and knock them down for contining to do what they set out to do from the beginning is absurd. This organization has done wonders for bowhunting, the handicapped, our youth, and our military abroad. Its truly very unsportsman like for crossbow pushers like NYCHA to print false articles about being antihunters. Its obvious PETA got their info on crossbows from NYB websight, and NBS. Then they could attempt to kill two birds w/ 1 stone. Make NYB look bad, and fight crossbows. To believe NYB is antihunting is completely ridiculous, and stupid. Thats just falling into the anti's hands, and joining their fight to bash another hunting organization. VERY UNSPORTSMAN LIKE, and JUST AS ANTI HUNTING in my book.
What kills me even further is claims of shame, and lies by NYB. Like the capabilities of crossbows. Crossbow manufacturers made these very same claims in the beginning to gain recognition. But when the fight started, and things turned. They changed their tune. Plus this group of crossbow pushers have pulled some pretty sad stunts attempting to get them legalized. At a rally before a vote I believe back in 07 or 08' flyers were handed out on a youth hunt bill. The flyer contained info on the youth bill. However the bill number at the top was changed to a crossbow bill # in an attempt to get people to vote for the wrong bill. How sick is that!! Whats scary is these are the people supporting crossbows. The very people I may have to share the woods with someday. Definitly not the true honest sportsman I care to associate with!! I'm convinced crossbow pushers will do anything to get what they want. Regardless of how unsportsman like, anti hunting, and bashing it takes. They don't care. Well people I do. I will not put myself in those same shoes, period!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.