Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Change for the Better >

Change for the Better

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Change for the Better

Old 04-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Change for the Better

The Northeast forum looks very different in regard to the state of Pennsylvania. With much of the sky is falling crowd gone, i am amazed to learn that PA actually has a broad and plentiful range of game animals: turkeys, varmints, groundhogs, etc. I do miss the old raging debates for sheer entertainment value. But at the same time, it is refreshing to see the state's wildlife offerings discussed in a positive light without every such thread being turned into an indictment of the state based on some perceptions of deer hunting in some areas.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

did they leave? didnt notice. where O' where could they have gone?
Old 04-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know where they have gone and was invited there myself. But I like it here. You still get some lively discussion about deer, but there are fewer folks with negative vibes who want to overwhelm any attempt to discuss hunting in PA from a perspective other than how lousy the deer hunting is supposed to be in the public access area outside their home town.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

now that you say somethin, yes there is less talk about how crummy pa deer hunting is...or can be...and how people need to be dragged out in the streets and beatin to make the deer population go up.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, a while back therre was some talk of PA trying to promote small game youth hunts to get kids interested in hunting and some folks went hysterical at the thought of any other type of hunting other than deer being discussed as important. Am looking forward to see some return to stuff like that. It did get old to have folks talk about how lousy the deer hunting is, and then six mnths later admit that they nailed an nice 8 point buck, then throw a fit when you pointed out the contradiction there.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
did they leave? didnt notice. where O' where could they have gone?
PM the web to him please as again this against HNI rules posting competitive web sites -

Sorry - JW

Last edited by JW; 04-23-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmm.. THAT's why there has been so much less whining here...

I figured that something must have happened..
Old 04-24-2010, 12:26 AM
Typical Buck

And i thought that everyone was just putting their time into turkey hunting!
Old 04-24-2010, 02:49 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by pats102862
PM the web to him please as again this against HNI rules posting competitive web sites -

Sorry - JW
I don't think he really cares. LOL One nice thing here since every one left is I can check in once every two weeks and not miss any thing.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

I have no complaints . i hunt there and here i feel for them. Hunting there is not very good. hunting here is much better.Yet our state keeps losing people population.Maybe they are hunters from other states that moved to pa from better hunting states. I know i would be ticked with no deer to hunt......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.