Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
USP co-founder dies >

USP co-founder dies

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

USP co-founder dies

Old 04-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default USP co-founder dies

my good friend don clemmer died monday at age 71 of heart attack.don lived near renovo ,pa in small town of tamarack on kettle creek .
don was very active in sportsmans issues and loved the woods etc like we all do.he was honorary life member of USP he and others started long ago.
i knew him well and he was concerned with us having deer and other game to hunt in future.
its hard to replace people like this because they saw how it was and how it is now .
his wife is from crossforks,pa where snake hunt is held each year,he will be missed there too selling tickets for USP and stocking trout for kids laughing and telling hunting stories.

folks, this was nice guy and did his best to see that we had deer to hunt in future even tho he never could convince PGC/DCNR that they were overharvesting doe in wmu2g .

he never gave up and spent his life trying to see that our deer hunting would not be destroyed.
i will miss him a lot ,for sure.......

sincerly sproul
Old 04-09-2010, 05:44 AM
Typical Buck

Rip straight arrow
Old 04-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by lost horn
Rip straight arrow
yes, i used to call him BROKEN ARROW
Old 04-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for the loss of your friend Sproul.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very sorry to hear of your loss, Sprouley..

I have a very good friend and hunting and fishing partner who grew up in Renovo..I'll have to ask him if he knew Don...
Old 04-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default unreal

i dont know how many members there are in the USP but i bet there was 5,000 of USP members at that funeral in kettle creek today.
they had state police and fire trucks directing traffic.in 46 yrs i never saw such a large turnout at funeral and i have been too some very big ones .many had on USP jackets .

funerals are very sad too me even tho i try not to get to sad but its hard not too.

its sad we all have to go at some time.i love life i guess too much.this is why if i want a nice shotgun , i buy it. if i want expensive labrador for hunting, i buy it.
nice treestand, i buy it.

life goes fairly quick and as you get older it seems to go faster.

take care sproul.......
Old 05-16-2010, 05:02 PM
RSB
Fork Horn

I am sorry to hear of Don passing away. Though I never agreed with his thoughts on deer management or the direction he chose to go with USP I did like the guy for his interest in youth hunting programs. In fact, I made several trips over to Renovo back in the late 80s to assist a USP committee Don had put together on developing a youth mentoring program. He wanted to pattern it after a program I already had up and running here in Elk County.

In fact here is one that I’ll bet you didn’t know Sproul.

Back in the late 80’s the USP gave me an award at their annual banquet, held in Renovo that year, for assisting them with setting up their youth program. I am sure Don was instrumental in obtaining that award and he presented it the night of their banquet.

Dick Bodenhorn
Old 05-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default rsb

nice to hear from you.sad we all have to go.last time i talked to don was year or so ago to get votes out there for my relative frank mills was running for magistrate here in renovo.
frank won every vote but 2 out in the kettle creek area.don worked hard for him.
i had fish truck this month drive in his yard and put 4 buckets of trout behind his house in kettle creek.he always got a kick out of that.
i also showed him a hole in his neighbors fence that a doe was shot in the depression ..he got laugh over that and who did it?
usp has lost 3 top members in last 2 months.

take care sproul