Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
n e 1 hunting md turkeys? >

n e 1 hunting md turkeys?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

n e 1 hunting md turkeys?

Old 04-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default n e 1 hunting md turkeys?

hey guys, im going out after some gobblers this spring here in hagerstown md im trying to take on with the bow this year. who else is going and what part of the state will you be in
Old 04-14-2010, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

Going to hunt Garrett, Washington and Frederick counties. Headed out Saturday to try and get my son his first bird.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well how did you do???
Old 04-20-2010, 03:59 AM
Fork Horn

i saw 9 gobblers today and only 4 were doing the dance , there was 1 hen in the bunch and they were not coming away from her , she was on a mission to hit the fields and they were on her but the whole time
all in all it makes me feel good because i have not been seing good sign so now im happy
Old 04-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default heading out in the am

heading out tomorrow in hagerstown on a 22 acer peice of land i hunt. my dad went today and seen 9 gobblers and the smallest he seen was a 6 inch beard , they came to 50 yards but were with hens and my dad had no decoys so they were not interested ,
tomorrow im taking my bow i have been trying for 3 yrs now to get one in range , i can shoot a 4 inch group at 50 yards but this time of year i can only shoot about 25 in the woods , im also taking my beretta extrema 2 WITH ME just incase i miss i can get a quick follow up lol
Old 04-21-2010, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

Saturday, the wind was howling and I never heard a gobble. My son and I covered alot of ground but never heard a peep. Monday I went out and again, not a peep. These are places I scouted before the season and heard birds everytime out but now I can't buy a gobble. Went out on some private land in Garrett on Tuesday but didn't hear a gobble until 9:30. Cut the distance on him and wound up having him come to 60 yards with a hen but never came any closer.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

went out today had 3 hens come into the decoys one at a time about 20 minutes apart then they walked out into the neighbors field were my dad seen the 9 gobblers the day before , i heard 4 different birds gobblin but again none wanted to play the game with me , i guess they are hened up i just got to keep trying until one sets on eggs and he can come play with me lol , going out again in the am tomorrow going for a differnt set up i got a nice bird gobblin in the same tree for the past 3 years he roost just on the other side of the creek over top the water i can almost tell you what tree he is in on what days lol but he never gobbles or responds to calls he only gobbles from the tree,s when he hits the ground he heads over the hill to a ladies feeder she has out all year she does not hunt and is totally against me being anywere near her property
Old 04-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

Old 04-26-2010, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you guys are on them...
Old 04-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

How do you post pics on this site i got pics of the bird dad killed