Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pa game commission hunting license fee increase not needed >

Pa game commission hunting license fee increase not needed

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa game commission hunting license fee increase not needed

Old 02-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Banned

Default Pa game commission hunting license fee increase not needed

.....or deserved, but doesnt matter that much I guess when you consider the following ..

Here are some highlights from this new released report done by the legislative budget & finance committee!!!

PGC SGL #12 and #36, containing a combined 43,466 acres, appear to represent the most
valuable PGC property. Should these two parcels lease at the level of recent transactions, the
signing bonus would be over $249 million. Assuming a royalty rate of 20%, these lands could
eventually net the PGC $1.07 billion above and beyond the signing bonus (given $4/1000 cfe gas).

SGL #13 and SGL #57 consist of a combined 95,021 acres in parts of Luzerne, Sullivan, and
Wyoming Counties. This is by far the largest nearly contiguous acreage in the PGC portfolio and
much, if not all of it, is prospective for Marcellus gas. It is reasonable to suggest that SGL #13 and
#57, which is double the size of SGL #12 and #36, may well realize twice the revenue as the
former.

LINK TO REPORT

In response to this, Carl Roe Pgc exec director says that pgc owns only 24% of the rights in that area. So that still equates to 24 percent of over 3 BILLION. Or well over 700,000,000!! And thats a "median" range estimate based on price which very well could go higher! There would also be addition portion of the signing bonuse mentioned above. And consider that is for only ONE area of the state!

And they are still trying to squeeze one last license fee increase out of us beforehand! lol!!
Old 02-24-2010, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Total speculation.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:27 AM
Banned

Its future projection and based on the facts. The pa budget & finance committee seems to believe it holds water, and thats good enough for me.

Pretty funny how ol' Carl speculation differed. The things he'd been telling the public and legislators/oversight committee, until this study was done. lmao. Tellin' flat out mistruths about how minimal any gains would be blah blah blah for quite some time now. Mighty nice of them to try and get another 10-20 million a year out of us to go along with their windfall though isnt it?

Last edited by Cornelius08; 02-24-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
Pretty funny how ol' Carl had been telling fibs about those amount though, for some time now trying to down play it all so they could try and get another 10-20 million a year out of us to go along with their windfall though isnt it?
No it isn't funny at the least! What it is, is yet another offical lying and getting caught . How many times now in the past 10 years or so have PGC officals been caught up in their own lies? once or twice you could write it off as ****y politicing but when it's done over and over again by the very officals we hunters pay to keep fed it is anything but "pretty funny".
Old 02-24-2010, 06:34 AM
Banned

Oh i agree. I said that tongue in cheek Potter. I think its atrocious the things pgc is currently getting away with. You almost have to laugh because its so ridiculous and noone seems to be able to do anything about it.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

I cannot help but wonder if Carl Roe was trying to keep the windfall under wraps so it could be ear marked for "Administrative Fees" a.k.a. pensions, salarys, etc.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:54 AM
Banned

I donno Potter, but his little game has REALLY hurt his credibility among legislators, or so ive heard.

With all the lies in regards to the deer plan that have come out of pgc and all the other things, and now lying about OUR financial issues...money coming from OUR gamelands...

Unacceptable.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

I guess those posters whom spurt all this pro PGC propganda can't think of anything to write about this cover up/lie by Roe and have decided it's far better not to keep a thread like this running than admit Roe has been lying about this too! An don't get me started on how he's lied about timber values as well...I guess that his decideing <1% timber harvest makes good ecoweenie sense and good for habitat as well as capital...heck "everyone" knows it's better to keep old growth forest standing rather than harvest it
Old 02-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

maybe Roe wanted to buy more badges & uniforms that never will be issued with all that new found wealth...that was one of his "better" investments of our $$$$$
Old 02-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Banned

While most likely not one additional dime will be spent making deer hunting any better, A ton of our money is being completely blown by keeping the extremely expensive failed deer program in place.

A ton of money will be spent on biodiversity issues from here on out. The new Pgc wildlife action plan foretells the tale.

Probably also spend a few buck researching their new "tool" gonacon deer contraception to make sure it fits nice and snug in their "toolbox".

So you see? Its imperative that the gameless commission recieve superfluous amounts of cash. Already being the most well funded agency in the nation simply isnt enough when considering all these "IMPORTANT" issues. lmao.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.