Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NY Governor strikes again >

NY Governor strikes again

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY Governor strikes again

Old 02-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default NY Governor strikes again

Well anyone see how our wonderful NY Governor is proposing to close over 41 NY state parks, and historic sites closed!! Some I've camped, and enjoyed with my family. Imagine the state employment jobs lost, the summer employment gone for college students. I'm so sick of his actions in NYS.

Last edited by BuckAlley; 02-21-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BuckAlley
Well anyone see how our wonderful NY Governor just had over 41 NY state parks, and historic sites closed!! Some I've camped, and enjoyed with my family. Imagine the state employment jobs lost, the summer employment gone for college students. I'm so sick of his actions in NYS.
Have you asked yourself where the money is going to come from to keep them open. The liberal/progressive agenda coupled with decreasing tax revenues are making it impossible for many states to continue funding everything. Wonder why the tax revenues are falling, because the people who actually pay the taxes are getting sick and tired of being soaked to pay for the people who don't pay taxes and are moving out of the state. It's the same story in NJ, Ca, MI, IL, NY and a few others.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by thndrchiken
Have you asked yourself where the money is going to come from to keep them open. The liberal/progressive agenda coupled with decreasing tax revenues are making it impossible for many states to continue funding everything. Wonder why the tax revenues are falling, because the people who actually pay the taxes are getting sick and tired of being soaked to pay for the people who don't pay taxes and are moving out of the state. It's the same story in NJ, Ca, MI, IL, NY and a few others.
How about NJ folks buying up land in NY at what we see as ridiculous prices. A 20x40 camp on 1 acre off a looped dirt road I jog, and bike went to a NJ family for $250,000. I stopped, and spoke to these folks. They tell me land in NY is cheap, and this is a place for them to vacation a few wknds a yr.
Oh and speaking of paying taxes last year I grieved my property accessment increase. My accessor told me land values are going sky high in my area becasue out of staters buying up NY land like crazy raising property values to ridiculous levels. So I have to suffer with increasing property taxes becasue of seasonal residences. Not to mention numerous other new taxes Paterson has imposed on this state, and numerous others he's attempted too. Now I can't enjoy some of the state parks I once did. Please don't compare NY to NJ. If you don't live here you wouldn't understand.

Last edited by BuckAlley; 02-19-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

How about NJ folks buying up land in NY at what we see as ridiculous prices. A 20x40 camp on 1 acre off a looped dirt road I jog, and bike went to a NJ family for $250,000. I stopped, and spoke to these folks. They tell me land in NY is cheap, and this is a place for them to vacation a few wknds a yr.
Oh and speaking of paying taxes last year I grieved my property accessment increase. My accessor told me land values are going sky high in my area becasue out of staters buying up NY land like crazy raising property values to ridiculous levels. So I have to suffer with increasing property taxes becasue of seasonal residences. Not to mention numerous other new taxes Paterson has imposed on this state, and numerous others he's attempted too. Now I can't enjoy some of the state parks I once did. Please don't compare NY to NJ. If you don't live here you wouldn't understand.
same thing now happening in my area of pa.NJ hunters are buying land and posting it .and paying 3 times what i would pay for land.the county went after them too with new assesment.some of camps are worth more than our homes here in clinton county,pa.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was born and raised in upstate NY. I left long ago....and I'm glad I did. It's a hotbed for liberal bed-wetters for sure. I feel your pain.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
I was born and raised in upstate NY. I left long ago....and I'm glad I did. It's a hotbed for liberal bed-wetters for sure. I feel your pain.
Only if you consider "upstate" to be north of Queens.
Once you get out of the Hudson Valley, liberals get pretty rare.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs down

Best part is patterson thinks he's going to get re-elected!!!! LOL!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Update: The closing is for 41 state parks, and 14 historic sights. Its a budget proposal by Paterson which has to yet be adopted. From what I've read this proposal to close all these places will only help approx. 1% of the NYS budget!!
The closings would be the 1st time in NYS Parks & Recreation 125 yr history, which happens to be the oldest Parks & Recreation in the nation. Parks officials say grasses won't be mowed, trails will not be maintained, and buildings will be secured best as possible. So basically the places will fall apart. If they are ever brought back imagine the funds needed to restore them! People have alreadly paid for reservations, and planned vacations at some of these sights. So that $ would need to be repaid. Its also sad to think the closing of Historic places that are about our NYS history. The education for students, and citizens that'd be lost. It makes me sick to think about it. Just who the heck does he think he is!!

Last edited by BuckAlley; 02-22-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Elections have consequences. Spitzer couldn't keep his "thing" under control so Patterson gets in. He won't make it in a real election (or so I'm told).
Old 02-22-2010, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you think it's all about property taxes you have no clue. Property taxes are only a part of the revenue the state takes in. Payroll taxes are the biggest piece of the pie. Don't blame out of state people for buying the land at inflated rates, well you can but that isn't the only cause. It's the inflated values of all land everywhere. It's simple economics, if you don't have enough money then choices have to be made as to where the money you do have is to be spent. You want something to be done about it, vote the liberal progressives out of office and get fiscal conservatives in their place.