Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Eastern Sportsman Show >

Eastern Sportsman Show

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Eastern Sportsman Show

Old 02-08-2010, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up Eastern Sportsman Show

Made it through the snow to get to the Harrisburg show on Saturday. Ride from Binghhamton wasn't too bad. 2/3 of the way was clear; last 1/3 was fairly poor (1 mostly clear lane on I-81). Had it in 4 wheel a few times to pass and a few times in the "clear" lane. Overall it only took me about 20 minutes longer. The show itself was as good as ever (even better because there only half of the crowd as normal - actually I heard they were at 20% of normal opening Saturday!). I was bummed that Jim Shockey wasn't going to be there becuase of the weather but I was able to meet Vicki & Ralph C. and listened to them, Stan Potts and others in the forum. The wife was able to try some bows, heard a good talk on jerky/sausgae making, and bought a few things (check out Cottonwood Outdoors if you want a good game cam tripod - I bought one for $25 last year and thought that was a good deal and got 2 more for $15 each this year - snow storm special!!!).
Old 02-08-2010, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

YEAH... I'd imagined that Saturday would have been a great day to have been there... alot of the Virginia, Maryland and WVU crowd didn't show and I can easily believe it was 50% or less of a crowd.. always nice to take a day and get beat up by the crowd, overheated, overspent and all those things tha make us truely Amercican,, I got two free tickets from T/c.. can't beat that.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

expect the admission to be 14 dollars next year on that loss on saturday.we used to go down and take room over night.put 8 of us in 1 room with sleeping bags. cost was 60 dollars for room so around 8 dollars each for room. i believe it was called red roof inn.

then in afternoon we would hit bass pro shop/cabelas.about 5 pm then to show.strangly hardly anyone would be there in evening. very nice time to be there.
usually mon thru thursday in evening is real slow.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default not so good

i was reading other forums on sportsmans show.sadly most did not have good time.13 dollars to get in and 8 to park.
show was loaded with OUTFITTERS .
no one from like remington/beretta,winchester big name guys were not there.
they said prices were terrible and nothing new on items in show.

a lot of vendors just selling and booking out of state trips......
Old 02-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

I was crazy enough to make the trip from Pittsburgh to Harrisburg on Friday night with my two sons.It took 6 1/2 hours on some of the worst roads i've ever experienced in 40 years of driving but made it without a problem(anybody that says they take care of the turnpike first is a lunatic).It was our first time to the show and we got there bright and early Saturday with just a small crowd.It basically took us a day and a half to do the show at a reasonable pace.While it was over run with outfitters,we had a great time together.We got to meet Lee and Tiffany and the Boys from from the Bone Collectors,Michael Wadell and T-bone on Saturday as well as Don and Candy Kiski and Stan Potts from North American Whitetail.I must say all of the "celebrities" we met were friendly,gracious,and as down to earth as could be.By the way,Tiffany is as georgeous in person as we hoped she'd be.All in all,a few changes would help but with not much else going on this time of year,a couple of hundred bucks to spend two days with my sons around the sport we enjoy so much isn't a big deal.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

taking kids is a lot of fun.that was long drive for you. then go to show.i miss going .but the 100 bucks is a lot now for me with no interest in bank and everything now going up.
i bought a SUMMIT 180 MAX and very excited using money i would have usedto go to show.

you want to hear funny one.that pool with trout in that kids never get bite. haha,i took some sad looking kids and said, HEY KID YOUR WORM IS ON CROOKED.no one was catching a trout and owner bringing in all kinds of money on kids.
so kid swung his worm to me and i reached inmy pocket and rubbed some BERKLEY POWER BAIT ON MY FINGERS.
REAL QUICK I RUB THATS KIDS PLASTIC WORM.

i said, THROW IT IN NOW KID ITS NICE AND STRAIGHT NOW.
well you should have seen what happened. the big 20 inch rainbow hit that worm and almost took kids rob out of his hands. he was screaming , haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

the owner gave me the dirtist look you could get but did not know what i did..........................

oh the fun times i had there...............................