Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Anbody Near the Susky around Harrisburg? >

Anbody Near the Susky around Harrisburg?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anbody Near the Susky around Harrisburg?

Old 02-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anbody Near the Susky around Harrisburg?

I'm suppose to go to hunting this weekend on an island on the Susky, about 30 minutes south of Harrisburg. Does anyone know if the river is frozen there? We're going by boat. Ice = no hunt. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
I'm suppose to go to hunting this weekend on an island on the Susky, about 30 minutes south of Harrisburg. Does anyone know if the river is frozen there? We're going by boat. Ice = no hunt. Thanks.

I drove through this past saturday on my way to Philly and I believe there was quite a big of ice chunks floating around.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks. Impassable by boat, would you say?
Old 02-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
Thanks. Impassable by boat, would you say?

I couldn't say.I only saw the one part near RT 322 where the statue of liberty is.I do remember that it seemed pretty high.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

no way i would be on river now. as douge said, ice is floating in river.lots of things like trees floating.
i fished a big tournament on raystown 20 yrs ago with ice out thing.we had to go very slow and you could hear ice and LOGS hitting front of my brand new SIGNED RICK CLUNN BASSBOAT.

not worth it to do that...........
Old 02-03-2010, 01:56 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like you are going on Moh'rs Isalnd for pigs. He launches from Bainbridge on the Lancaster co side...it's not far to the island..not much over maybe two hundred yards, if I recall. I almost went there with friends a few times. Good way to fill up the freezer, but not much sport. easy to walk up within bow range of the hogs and goats. Word to the wise...DON'T EAT THE GOATS. Not very good. If you want a mount, shoot a goat. Meat, shoot a hog. Can'ttell you much about the ice, haven't been to the river in a while, though it's only minutes away. Good luck, hope you can go.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks. Yes, we're going to Mohr's. We heard the pigs are pretty easy so that's why we chose rams. A little more skittish.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Barnes I wouldnt try to get to Steve Mohrs Island right now. way too much ice. Pike
Old 02-03-2010, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Barnes but the person you need to get your ice reports from is germain, he lives right on the river in that area in the Three Mile Island Gardens Trailor Park. Pike