Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pa game commission meeting today >

Pa game commission meeting today

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa game commission meeting today

Old 01-26-2010, 06:29 AM
Banned

ha ha ha. Had the sound turned way up and as the break was ending you could hear carl roe saying "dcnr isnt gonna be happy!" lmao.

Donno why he said that? All they are suggesting is that dmap requests be reviewed better by pgc....Who cares??
Old 01-26-2010, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

I concede. Corny you are right. I hope Staback and Co. are prepared for plenty of correspondence.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:38 AM
Banned

Meeting adjourned.

accomplished? Nada.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
Meeting adjourned.

accomplished? Nada.

Nada?

How about the expanded opportunity for youth with the extra rabbit season?

How about the expanded opportunities for all who want to pursue bobcats?

How about the fact that we now have enough fishers to try a short season?

How about the expanded opportunities for bears?

etc etc etc.........

Nada? only for those with a very narrow minded focus
Old 01-26-2010, 07:40 AM
Banned

Bobcats werent a problem previousy.

Season length for rabbit which already lasted an eternity didnt solve a thing.

Deer were THEE issue.. The one causing all our and pgcs problems, and like i said....NADA!

...Oh yeah, we did gain SOMETHING in regards to deer management. lol Peta will be pleased at least.

The only ones "narrow minded" are pgc. Thankfully the legislators are more open minded at the moment.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

BTB,I sure hope you were being sarcastic with that last post !

Expanded opportunity for youth with an extended season.That would be great if there were and rabbits around to hunt and if the few youth hunters we had today were intersted in small game hunting.

Expanded opportunity to hunt bobcats. Great,super,while they were at it,maybe they could have open the season for unicorns too !

Open a season for fishers. Absolutely ! Except for the fact that 9 out of 10 hunters probably think that a fisher is somebody standing along a creek with a rod and reel !
Old 01-26-2010, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by fellas2
BTB,I sure hope you were being sarcastic with that last post !

Expanded opportunity for youth with an extended season.That would be great if there were and rabbits around to hunt and if the few youth hunters we had today were intersted in small game hunting.

Expanded opportunity to hunt bobcats. Great,super,while they were at it,maybe they could have open the season for unicorns too !

Open a season for fishers. Absolutely ! Except for the fact that 9 out of 10 hunters probably think that a fisher is somebody standing along a creek with a rod and reel !
Uh, No.....

I only mentioned a little of what was done because I didnt get to monitor the whole thing. I have to wait for reports from those who were there for more of what went on.

I guess the perspective all boils down to whether or not deer are all a hunter cares about.

I saw quite a few rabbit hunters out just last weekend and the ones i spoke with were having success and a great time.

Never wanted to hunt unicorns. I hear they're kinda tough and stringy

Fishers? I dont trap anymore but I certainly support more opportunities for the guys who do

I guess you hunt bears because you didnt have a problem with the new opportunities there.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

BT. you are reaching for straws and say anything to try to spin everything to try to take up for the PGC. I bet you dont even know what % of PA. hunters currently hunt rabbits. In the 1980's every hunter I knew and came in contact with (which was more than most people) small game hunted but by 1993 I didnt know a single hunter that small game hunted. Kids have changed over the years, they no longer want to hunt rabbits and squirrels and their parents no longer want to take them hunting for them. Why? Because the majority of hunters these days would not even consider eating a rabbit or squirrel and they want to teach their children the same values that were taught to them and a big one is you should eat what you kill and not let it go to waste. And since very few of us eat them or even know someone that we could give our harvest to that would eat our harvest, this so called youth rabbit season is just a waste of time and hunters/ tax payers money because it will do nothing to recruit more youth hunters and the PGC already knows this. If the PGC. did want to do something to recruit more youths into our sport (other than handing out coloring books) they would publicly voice their support (lobby the legislature) for sunday hunting every chance they get just like they have done and currently are doing for their lic. fee increase. Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 01-26-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by J Pike
BT. you are reaching for straws and say anything to try to spin everything to try to take up for the PGC. I bet you dont even know what % of PA. hunters currently hunt rabbits. In the 1980's every hunter I knew and came in contact with (which was more than most people) small game hunted but by 1993 I didnt know a single hunter that small game hunted. Kids have changed over the years, they no longer want to hunt rabbits and squirrels and their parents no longer want to take them hunting for them. Why? Because the majority of hunters these days would not even consider eating a rabbit or squirrel and they want to teach their children the same values that were taught to them and a big one is you should eat what you kill and not let it go to waste. And since very few of us eat them or even know someone that we could give our harvest to that would eat our harvest, this so called youth rabbit season is just a waste of time and hunters/ tax payers money because it will do nothing to recruit more youth hunters and the PGC already knows this. If the PGC. did want to do something to recruit more youths into our sport (other than handing out coloring books) they would publicly voice their support (lobby the legislature) for sunday hunting every chance they get just like they have done and currently are doing for their lic. fee increase. Pike

Instead of rehashing the points we disagree on, I'm going to dwell for a moment on an important point (very important IMHO)
on which we agree........

They have dropped the ball, or maybe never really picked it up, when it comes to Sunday hunting. It could be the best single thing we could do to stop the bleeding when it comes to license sales and recruitment and you are correct, we've seen little more than half hearted lip service on the issue.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

BT. In OH. since sunday hunting and their youth either sex deer gun season that takes place smack dab in the middle of the rut was implemented a few years ago their youth participation in hunting has increased a dramatic 53%!!!
But our PGC. continues to hand out coloring books and implements useless things like this youth rabbit season and at the same time continues to lose the interest of our youth!!
And by the way OH. implemented the same youth mentor program that the PGC. recently implemented years ago but it did nothing to increase youth participation in the sate of OH.
The PGC. knows all of the info I just provided and knows that they dont have to reinvent the wheel in regards to getting more of our youth involved in our sport but refuse to do anything other than hand out coloring books.
In my opinion, the rich hunting tradition and the future of the sport of hunting in PA. should be just as important as the wildlife and habitat of PA. but the PGC. has done nothing other than to try and kill our rich heritage. Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 01-26-2010 at 10:22 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.