Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pa game commission meeting today >

Pa game commission meeting today

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa game commission meeting today

Old 01-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

The deer contraceptive makes me nervous.I'll bet the DCNR is licking their chops.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Banned

Me too germain. And no excuse for it. They could easily have a no use policy. SHould stay contraception is not a supported method of deer control by pgc and cite the obvious reasons why it shouldnt be. Anyone wishing to "sue" because they didnt like it would have to spend their own money for the expensive lawsuit, and pgc wouldnt. That lawsuit potential also didnt stop pgc from staying the course with the deer plan. No reason why they should fear another case they'd also most likely win.

Also dont see other states worrying about it.

Trusting pgc with such a antideer/antihunting "tool" is about like trusting a pyromaniac with a gallon of gas and a book of matches.

Be interesting to see how the vote goes tomorrow. It'll be indicative of what our boc is made of and what near future deer decisions will likely be.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 01-25-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by germain
The deer contraceptive makes me nervous.I'll bet the DCNR is licking their chops.
Me to. As every day passes, I see the tradition of using hunters as a management tool diminish bit by bit.

Be interesting to see how the vote goes tomorrow. It'll be indicative of what our boc is made of and what near future deer decisions will likely be.
I'm optimistic. But I already have my drafts to the lawmakers made up just in case.

Last edited by ManySpurs; 01-26-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:50 AM
Typical Buck

The contraceptives are their ace in the hole. Assuming there could be a significant break through in the field at some future point, coupled with declining hunter support and hunter numbers in general....it takes away the bargaining chip from our hands...that being specifically the required use of our trigger fingers each year in the name of deer management. What value will hunter opinion be, if a contraceptive method is found that is cheap, safe, effective, and easy to apply?
Old 01-26-2010, 04:51 AM
Typical Buck

Passed 7-1. Thank you Jay Delaney for voting against this proposal.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:29 AM
Banned

What did i miss? I couldnt get on when the meeting started at 8:30. I got on a little bit ago the only deer stuff i caught was they were voting to change 2c, 2e,4d,and 4e to where antlerless could be only taken from Saturday to saturday but not Monday through friday of the first week. Vote was 6-2 FOR sending the vote to final vote in april. 2 opposed. Isabella and Shreffler.

Anybody catch any of the earlier voting
Old 01-26-2010, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

Anybody catch any of the earlier voting
You didn't miss much. There was a vote to shorten the fall turkey season by one day so as not to be in conflict with a Saturday opener for bear. Youth rabbit season passed.

So far Corny, I'm thinking you were right.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:58 AM
Banned

Like i said spurs....Pgc = useless. I read an article about this meeting. It had an interview of a commissioner that made it sound as if all kinds of changes would be at least proposed by him. Figured i mustve missed all that. Guess not.... Oh well, no surprise. The meaningless token crap with a few more wmus proposed to be like the original 4 "test" areas are 100% meaningless. It doesnt address other area, and they can just up the allocations. As Ive believed for some time now, Its all about the L-E-G-I-S-L-A-T-O-R-S.

So contraception passed eh? Boy thats great news. (sarcasm). So we have deer on birth control on the horizon with no real changes to much of anything else. Sounds like a very fruitful session (sarcasm again)

There'll be No fee increase support from this pgc whipping post.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 01-26-2010 at 06:04 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

HA!!!!! Boops proposal to suspend DMAP on state lands sent them a scurrying to the backroom!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:10 AM
Banned

after the break they are to discuss getting rid of dmap at least temporarily until further review.

Another meaningless gesture imh. Not only does it address a very small percentage of our land mass, Dmap accounts for only a TINY percent of the overall kill. The allocations can and most likely would be raised very soon thereafter to make up the diff. If it is done with decrease in allocation, for most areas, will definately be a few steps in the right direction.

C'mon Commissioners! We need something solid in these proposal!!!!!!
Where are the smaller wmus etc. proposals??

No doubt if Boop were running the show, there'd be many hunter friendly changes, hes made many very good proposals for years that hes been on the board. The majority made up of characters like Pallone & Schleiden previously prevented responsible direction. Hes being very conservative in his proposals knowing the majority may not support anything of real substance.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 01-26-2010 at 06:17 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.