Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Interesting perspective on PA from our neighbors..... >

Interesting perspective on PA from our neighbors.....

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Interesting perspective on PA from our neighbors.....

Old 01-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08

While most i believe, dont have a problem with ar in Pa, the hunting in the opinion of most is FAR from great.
That depends on what your goal is. If you just want to fill the freezer as quick as possibile than I would say its not that great. If your goal is to bag a real nice buck, your chances are alot better than years past. In the 36years I was hunting I never seen a 150 class buck dead in the back of a pickup taken localy untill after ARs. the last several years I know of at least one person who took a buck in the 120-150 range. I'am not going to say they never existed before AR because they did. All I'am saying is I never seen deer this size range taken around here before AR. If they were they were very very few and far in between.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by pats102862
This site can really suck sometimes, I type a post on this subject and when I sumit, its says you have to log in again. I 'am not going to waste my time retyping it.
I've had the same trouble at times because I open the thread in a new window, and haven't checked the "remember me" box when I logged in. Try checking that box, it might help.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ManySpurs
I've had the same trouble at times because I open the thread in a new window, and haven't checked the "remember me" box when I logged in. Try checking that box, it might help.
I'am going to give it a try right now, thanks
Old 01-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by pats102862
I'am going to give it a try right now, thanks

The remember me box doesnt help.

the best way I've found to combat the problem is to right click on the content of your post and click copy. Then if you get that message saying you're not logged in you can log back in and paste it right back and post.

I've complained on tech section and seen others with the same problem but it just keeps on keepin on. No response to our posts either. Its been going on long enough and enough folks have complained that it's beginning to look like admin doesnt care.........

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 01-24-2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Probe?Reminds me I should get that camera up my buttocks.
Never got one yet,just can't bring myself to it.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Manyspurs,sorry just now got your PM.I sent ya one back.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Banned

Pats says: "That depends on what your goal is. If you just want to fill the freezer as quick as possibile than I would say its not that great. If your goal is to bag a real nice buck, your chances are alot better than years past."
I disagree. And that IS my goal as you know, or shoudl know by now. As Ive stated it many times, i pass bucks and dont any legal buck. I also dont shoot does. Having said that, My best bucks by far came PRE-deer plan. SO i aint buyin' it. Have some areas improved...Probably, because they were so bad in the first place, ANY bucks saved would be an improvement. Hr has countered the effects of ar here. I'll still stick with ar. Pgc can stick the hr.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Banned

Thats really annoying if you make a long post and get logged out when hitting reply. lol.

When making a first post I always copy it so i can just repasted it.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
I disagree. And that IS my goal as you know, or shoudl know by now. As Ive stated it many times, i pass bucks and dont any legal buck. I also dont shoot does. Having said that, My best bucks by far came PRE-deer plan. SO i aint buyin' it. Have some areas improved...Probably, because they were so bad in the first place, ANY bucks saved would be an improvement. Hr has countered the effects of ar here. I'll still stick with ar. Pgc can stick the hr.
I understand your personal goals, you stated it many times. But what I seen with my own eyes, not from some data sheet. I am seeing more 100+ bucks in the back of pickups post Ar than in all the years pre AR. But I can only speak for the area were I live. Friends of mine have a 500 acre hunting club. Not much deer sign but come the rifle season they harvested 5 110+ bucks, one might be a 140. Around here if you bagged a 100+ buck, you were the talk of the town back in the 70s-early 80s. therefore I like ARs
Old 01-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by germain
Probe?Reminds me I should get that camera up my buttocks.
Never got one yet,just can't bring myself to it.

OOPS! typo! meant to type problem.

As for the other thing, the night before is WAAAYYY worse than the actual test. Gives a whole new meaning to the term spray painting!

Seriously though, just lost a friend to CC. If you're over 50 , it could very well save your life. Buck up and go do it! We were just kinda starting to like ya around here!

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 01-24-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.