Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
WAs DougE Right?? >

WAs DougE Right??

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WAs DougE Right??

Old 01-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default WAs DougE Right??

Was DougE right when he claimed DCNR was managing SFL at lower DDs than SGLs? The recently released data on DMAP harvests might indicate that is possible in 2G, but the data shows that is not the case in the majority of the state. In 15 WMUs the DMAP harvest only increased the antlerless harvest by 2% or less and in 6 WMUs the change was reported as 0%.

Personally, I was surprised to see that the DMAP harvest increased the antlerless harvest reported by the PGC by 35%. The 2008 reported antlerless harvest in 2g in 2008 was 6,500 and the DMAP harvest was an additional 2288.

Now the question is , did the PGC take into account the large number of DMAP tags when they allocated 26,000 antlerless tags in 2008 in order to keep the herd stable. If they didn't then the DMAP harvested resulted in a further decrease in the herd in 2G.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bluebird2

Personally, I was surprised to see that the DMAP harvest increased the antlerless harvest reported by the PGC by 35%. The 2008 reported antlerless harvest in 2g in 2008 was 6,500 and the DMAP harvest was an additional 2288.

Now the question is , did the PGC take into account the large number of DMAP tags when they allocated 26,000 antlerless tags in 2008 in order to keep the herd stable. If they didn't then the DMAP harvested resulted in a further decrease in the herd in 2G.

I dont mean to sound like an asshat here but....youre just realizing this now? Why do you think some of us are so PO'd about DMAP in 2G?
Old 01-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you considered that the PGC accounted for the effects of the DMAP harvest and simply lied about trying to keep the herd stable? In 2006 and 2007 the PGC issued the same number of tags in 2G as in 2008 and claimed that the goal was to keep the herd stable But, the 2007 herd was 23% smaller than in 2006, but they didn't reduce the allocation in 2008 , so I think it is pretty obvious they know they are still reducing the herd in 2G.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Spike

PGC keeps their allocation numbers separate from DCNR. Everyone sees the data differently, but the call for stabilization and subsequent allocation is purely to appease hunters IMO. If DCNR plans with herbicide fall through youll see more DMAP coupons asked for, and PGC will still continue stabilization.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree the PGC keeps their antlerless allocations separate from DMAP tags, but no ligitimate agency would ignore the effects of around 11,000 additional tags. That means the PGC would be intentionally lying to the hunters once again,which doesn't surprise me one bit.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Of course I was right.Only a brain dead monkey wouldn't think the state forests were being managed for less deer if they had thousands of more tags and more time to use them with a rifle.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I could be wrong on this but I don't think the PGC adds the dmap harvests to the overall antlerless harvest.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you really claiming the PGC doesn't include the DMAP harvests when calculating the herd estimates each year. If that is true ,then they are even more incompetent than I thought they were.!!
Old 01-11-2010, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if they do or not.However,I don't believe they add the dmap harvests in with the regular antlerless harvests.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pahick
PGC keeps their allocation numbers separate from DCNR. Everyone sees the data differently, but the call for stabilization and subsequent allocation is purely to appease hunters IMO. If DCNR plans with herbicide fall through youll see more DMAP coupons asked for, and PGC will still continue stabilization.

Yep,like I've been saying all along,the state forests are being managed far different than the SGL's.

I doubt you'll see DCNR asking for any more coupons in the majority of places.They look at the effects of browsing,not just what kind of regeneration they're getting.At this point,the herd is low enough on more state forests in 2G that more tags won't get more deer killed.There's probably an over saturation at this point.If they don't need to fence,they won't ask for more coupons.That's an oversimplification but that's what I see them doing in district 9.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.