Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PGS's Strategic Plan >

PGS's Strategic Plan

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PGS's Strategic Plan

Old 01-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Banned

"LOL! We all know there have been countless references in outdoor publications recognizing PA's DMP in a positive light over the past several years."

Have any given a high approval rating of the current allocations? The exact deer densities? No. So whats your point? You made a very vague statement about something thats totally meaningless where our (sportsmens) concerns lie. Is managing to keep the herd level within reason and healthy etc a good goal? OF COURSE! But when you go over and above to the unwarranted extreme to the detriment of hunting itself, its not a good thing. As with anything, extreme types (such as those running the deer program)can take a good thing and twist it into a complete abomination.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 01-04-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Are you still illegally baiting deer?
No their all legal deer, and they like corn.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Banned

"
BT considering the fact that Chesapeake Farms harvest's 180 + deer per year off their 3,300 acre property yet still have over 200 + deer per forested square mile your #'s dont make sense."
Old 01-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bawanajim
No their all legal deer, and they like corn.
They are not legal deer if a WCO decides you are baiting.

Why would you need to feed them corn if you are dropping red maples as you claim? i sure don't have to feed the deer in our area!!
Old 01-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

They are not legal deer if a WCO decides you are baiting.

Why would you need to feed them corn if you are dropping red maples as you claim? i sure don't have to feed the deer in our area!!
I feed them number one cause I can,
# 2 cause I love seeing them and seeing the bucks that made it.and all of the does that will be dropping fawns for to see next year.

Heck I just like deer.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can feed them also, but I prefer to do it legally. I also enjoy seeing deer, but the PGC doesn't place any value on just seeing deer.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can feed them also, but I prefer to do it legally. I also enjoy seeing deer, but the PGC doesn't place any value on just seeing deer.
I was just watching some of them battling for a prime spot when I noticed this little punk looking six point, I swear he's got an " I love Gary Alt" tattoo on his bicep.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does it match the one one your bicep?
Old 01-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
I think the fact that states arent following pa's backward lead says it all. Shissler found that states simply arent going this route, despite the several years of data available showing what our results have been.
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the New York DEC tossing around following the PGC plan and didn't the New York DEC decide not to follow the PGC plan because the results didn't look that good?
Old 01-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Banned

I dunno spurs, but I do now that NY is one of the many states with whitetail deer and a deer management program, none of which, by their actions think pgc is a "leader" to be followed.... Straight into the abyss. lol. Maybe New jersey? Like Pgc, I hear those guys are real hunter friendly out there too! (sarcasm)

Maybe the other agencies deer management leaders just dont wanna hafta have body guards & wear bullet proof vests like Alt did?

Last edited by Cornelius08; 01-04-2010 at 05:12 PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.