Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any Grouse????

Old 12-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gladly.Rich is planning on coming up.Make it a party.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

what time tomorrow?
Old 12-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I planned on hunting tomorrow but got hit with a family emergency so I have to stay home with my kids this weekend.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

What Game lands do you recomend 93 or 77?
Old 12-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by DougE
20 plus flushes in less than two hours and I never got off the skidder trail.Another day,I sat most of the day hunting turkeys and flushed 15,again from the logging roads.Bring Toby.I'll gladly take you out.Just keep his tail away from me.
i guess clinton county is no doubt WORST hunting in state when you folks see grouse like that.
in the early 60s dad tok me out and we saw numbers like 10 grouse a day ,that was great day in 1 area.never saw more than that and thought that was something.when you hear 50 flushes, oh my i would pee my pants in that situation with toby.
i bet he would tackle me if that happened
Old 12-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Dominant Buck

We call them partridge here in VT. Only the flatlanders call them grouse
We have a lot of them here in VT and they are the size of full grown turkeys. When they flush you are shooting for survival. Them against you. If 2 or 3 get to you a man doesn't stand a chance. They go for the eyes first...then the nuts.

I know what you are going to say Jim.....CI has been fishing too long and here come those tall tales.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 12-18-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default yep

Yep. The dog has turned up at least a couple every time we have been out. Try the gamelands north of Rickett's Glen S.P. along PA Rte. 487. Even further north up by Bellasylva/Dutch Mt.
Pete
Old 12-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think the game commission stocked them here to kill the deer, I hear they go for the eyes first.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
We call them partridge here in VT. Only the flatlanders call them grouse
We have a lot of them here in VT and they are the size of full grown turkeys. When they flush you are shooting for survival. Them against you. If 2 or 3 get to you a man doesn't stand a chance. They go for the eyes first...then the nuts.

I know what you are going to say Jim.....CI has been fishing too long and here come those tall tales.
years ago i was hunting grouse in cameron county.my cousin is storyteller is nice way of putting it.
BROWNIE was my dog then,mix beagle /terrier and very good hunter.she flushed 3 grouse and my cousin was taking a pee with his back to me and brownie.1 grouse went to left,1 straight out and other to my right.
i shot to avoid being run over,ha.well the grouse to my right hit my cousin right square in back of head flying.it fell dead as door nail,so did byron,well not dead but scared to death.he thought after laying on ground i THREW that grouse at him hitting him in back of neck.
i did not,it flew into him.
to this day he still thinks i threw that grouse at him
Old 12-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bawanajim
What Game lands do you recomend 93 or 77?
I'd reccomend either for deer.Both also have grouse but the best grouse numbers I've been seeing have been in Moshannon state forest.Just Bring your tick spray.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.