Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Did anyone in PA have a good season? >

Did anyone in PA have a good season?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Did anyone in PA have a good season?

Old 12-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Did anyone in PA have a good season?

Just curious? we hear so much about the bad times & no deer, I wonder if anyone had a good year?

I did, best one in about 3-4 years.
I shot a nice buck in archery plus 2 does. And I've gotten 2 more does in gun season.

So let's hear some other guys who had good ones.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

My family has had a good year so far in PA. We shot several nice buck and have taken some doe as well. I hunt in SE PA on my Uncle's farm and know I am lucky to hunt private land.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I really think what you are seeing is slowly enlarging areas where deer numbers have been incrementally declining over the last 5-7 years.
As some of the more traditional hunting areas where deer numbers were really hammered are not seeing the camps members hunting for more than a few days and instead these guys are hunting closer to home where with the added pressure and and an abundance of doe tags deer numbers are been reduced in ever enlarging percentage of the states hunt able ground.
It saddens me to think that deer hunting between bird feeders, swing sets and teeter totters is being promoted and the bigs woods is for tourist and bird watchers.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

the bigs woods is for tourist and bird watchers.
UGH!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bawanajim
I really think what you are seeing is slowly enlarging areas where deer numbers have been incrementally declining over the last 5-7 years.
As some of the more traditional hunting areas where deer numbers were really hammered are not seeing the camps members hunting for more than a few days and instead these guys are hunting closer to home where with the added pressure and and an abundance of doe tags deer numbers are been reduced in ever enlarging percentage of the states hunt able ground.
It saddens me to think that deer hunting between bird feeders, swing sets and teeter totters is being promoted and the bigs woods is for tourist and bird watchers.
Very well stated. I agree that is exactly what is happening despite the PGC's claims they want to keep the herd stable or even increase it in a few areas.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Banned

Spot on Jim.

Agree with everything 100%.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
Spot on Jim.

Agree with everything 100%.
Yea. I am trying to figure out what is going on here. This doesn't sound like Jim. Is someone else behind the keyboard?
Old 12-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've supported AR's from the start, I haven't shot a doe in longer than I care to remember, yet I understand the need to shoot some. People that make their living from the land they own have a different perspective, as they should.

I believe habitat is the answer, and I work in the woods year around. The point that is killing me is the guy that shoots deer then donates them because he doesn't want to eat them. Helloooooooooooo
Old 12-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

The point that is killing me is the guy that shoots deer then donates them because he doesn't want to eat them. Helloooooooooooo
those guys are true PGC believers doing Gods work!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

In rifle season I hunt public land in 5A so I can spend some time hunting with my brother. We have been successful the past 4 years in the area we hunt with little problems with other hunters anywhere close. This year we have seen 3 doe the entire first week, and that is hunting there Monday-Saturday. Very little shooting anywhere close. I did help a fella load up a nice 7 point Friday morning as we we leaving, he shot it about 500 yards from where I was on stand but even he said this was one of only 4 deer he saw all week. I'm really trying to figure out whats going on up there. Every year it seems like less and less people are hunting the area but for it to turn from productive to a vast waste land in one years time is mind boggling for sure. Time to start scouting the area again and stop saying tommorrow will be different. Saturday we had a little snow and we walked from the top of the mountain all the way to the truck straight down through the woods and we didn't cut one deer trail. That's 3/4 of a mile with no sign.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.