Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

York Pa hunting

Old 12-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Spike

Default York Pa hunting

Hello,
I am a current student at york college,PA. I am a resident of the eastern shore of MD. I am an avid hunter and especially an avid bow hunter, but do hunt with a gun and a muzzleloader. I was wondering if there are any good public land tracts around the facinity of York,PA that would offer some good hunting while i am up at school. Just looking to be able to get out into the woods. Thanks for any advice/help.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

There is a game land just North of York New Salem and one in Lancaster that seems to have some deer. Other than that Michaux State Forest in Adams Co.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out lake redman and lake Williams area for late season archery. You can get your permit at John Rudy park! This permit will allow you to hunt rocky ridge also!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:07 AM
Typical Buck

......or if you actually want good public land hunting, go south one hour down I-83 to MD. Unless of course you think you can get access to private farmland in York county...if so you can count yourself mightly lucky, and you may find good hunting there. York's game lands are mighty slim pickins for deer these days. You'll see tons of hunters in most places and very few deer.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:01 AM
Spike

Definitely agree with Twildasin. You should look at a permit for the parks around lake redman and williams. Nice deer population in there. There is also a nice tract of public land down around Brogue that i saw quite a few nice buck in past during archery season.