Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Another rainy, crappy weather opener in PA >

Another rainy, crappy weather opener in PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Another rainy, crappy weather opener in PA

Old 12-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remember one rainy opening PA day

Years ago and got soaked. I was deep and saw no other hunter. Then he appeared. I was dumfounded. How did he get this far. He was lost. He was looking for his car parked on the road. I set him up and later led him out of the woods, in the opposite direction to his car.

If PA ever got to 200.000 hunters, total, they might think about having archery season during a rut. States, especially PA, still depend on gun hunters to keep the deer population down to stable numbers.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

I heard that the PGC has now conspired with weather scientists to launch special rockets to make it rain like hell and spoil deer hunting for people.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Banned

Naa. They dont need Guys from other states that dont even hunt here to come up with conspiracies. They F up stuff enough without em.

Besides, if anything, theyd want the weather conducive to slaughtering a higher percentage of the deer, not less. According to pgc, Cant fill enough of those 800,000 plus doe tags + kill enough dmap + enough farm damage control kills + red tags + etc etc.... With us having rain on one day of the season dont ya know! lmao.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-01-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

That was about as nasty as it gets, it was fairly warm early but here in the Laurel Mts, mid state and high it started to spit sleet, snow and rain mix.. and let's not forget about the fog.. I've attended 42 sunrise services in a row and this one was about as nasty-mean-worthless as most, did see 3 bucks and 12 doe and a dozen long beards but it wasn't fun... shooting was almost totally non-existant and I'm sure we'll here it was a record kill but I can assure you it was not.. hunting pressure is done, numbers of hunters is way down, places to go are almost non-existant these days and the game lands and national forests are getting low on animals.. otherwise, it was a loverly day in paradise !!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Spike

i was very fortunate, i was in mercer county and only had a little rain very early in the morning and some very short periods of snow/sleet, nothin to complain about, and the sun came out alot until the afternoon. i thought it was a pretty nice day, got a 6 point at 730 and saw 3 other buck and 1 doe
Old 12-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Banned

No fog, and no sleet here in sw, but it rained fairly hard a couple of times, but steady rain since long before daylight till around lunchtime. Then the wind dried us off. lol.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

in 3c weather was pretty nasty rained sleet/snow four a bit.
But tuesday was nice
Old 12-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think the game commission made the weather crappy too.
I hate them.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Banned

You hate them Rybo? If you are a hunter, thats not surprising. Unless someones cousin, or friend of a friends brother works for em or they belong to audubon, thats usually a given these days. I hear that several times a week, but usually not put quite as politely.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-01-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Spike

Still no deer down. Not even a tail today. I'm trying it Friday eve and Saturday. We will see...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.