Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Beware!Buffalo on the loose. >

Beware!Buffalo on the loose.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Beware!Buffalo on the loose.

Old 01-25-2002, 05:16 AM

Default Beware!Buffalo on the loose.

I just wanted to let any deer hunters know beware traveling on I-90 near the
Fairview exit here that the local news just received information that a buffalo
was loose.There are a couple of buffalo farms around here.I have seen what a deer will do to a car or truck can you picture hitting a buffalo,and trying to explain it to your insurance company.
Old 01-25-2002, 05:42 AM

Default RE: Beware!Buffalo on the loose.

I just saw an updated bulletin on the news.They say now they have closed off exits 9 and 16 Fairview and Girard.Also they say that there are buffalo as like more then one on the loose and state police are now trying to capture them.I should go get my video camera for this one.I could send it in to some of the programs like americas funniest videos.
Old 01-25-2002, 05:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have one of those 45-70 plain guns ,want to borrow it? We have some of those buffalo farms around here also. That meat is expensive
Old 01-25-2002, 05:54 AM

I say we give the state police a couple of stick bows and a few un-shod ponies, and see how they make out!!
Old 01-25-2002, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

Just heard that a while ago on the news. Goes with the emu that they spotted Wattsburg way (guess it's been loose for a couple years now).
Old 01-25-2002, 07:05 AM

I just took my wife to work and on the radio they said a owner from a buffalo
farm nearby called in and said the state police contacted her wanting to know if she was to receive some buffalo.She said no and all her buffalo were in her fence They asked if she could help and her husband is out now helping the state police .The news says now that a tractor-trailer door opened up and 3 buffalo calves escaped.One was hit by a truck the other two were loose.Two exits on I-90
are closed and they are routing traffic to rt.20 which is backed up for miles.
Can you imagine telling your boss I was late for work because of buffalo on the highway.I wouldn't mind taking you up on that cardeer never hunted buffalo.I also wonder if the state police will get the buffalo on radar and fine the truck driver for speeding buffalo.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:45 AM

On the 12 Oclock news they said that one was hit by a truck,one they had to shoot,and the other one they had cornered and was waiting for the game comm. to show up to shoot it with a tranquilzer.It caused quite a bit of confushion on the interstate this morning.Maybe the transportation dept.will have to get signs made up now saying Buffalo Crossing.If the meat is expensive I will be looking for road kills.
Old 01-25-2002, 11:39 AM

Thanks Lochorns, I will check my e-mail tonight.
Old 01-25-2002, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

A truckload of buffalo headed toward Buffalo? It must be a conspiracy. Is there really a Emu running around near Wattsburg?
Old 01-25-2002, 03:18 PM

I just saw the news and the third buffalo had to be shot by an owner of the wooden nickel buffalo farm.He was helping the state police and game comm. round them up.The game comm. shot the buffalo with a tranquilzer it ran and they tracked it for an hour.It finally ran back towards the interstate and that is when it was shot.So one was hit by a truck,one was shot when found,and one was eventually shot after tracking for an hour.It was a shame they couldn't save them.Somebody will be having buffalo burgers tonight.

Quick Reply: Beware!Buffalo on the loose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.