Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
My First Deer!!! >

My First Deer!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

My First Deer!!!

Old 11-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Spike

Default My First Deer!!!

Well everyone, I got my first deer yesterday!!
And he's a 6 point buck!! I couldn't be more happy!!
I was sitting in a spot where I have been watchign the deer come from since the end of September. There is a hole in a stone wall above me, another trail below me, and a third deer trail that spits out in the other side of the field. My dad and I went out at about 7:45 adn sat at out spots right across the field form each other. The wind had been just where I wanted it all morning, and It had rained on and off all morning. ( I like hunting in the rain.)
I had a good feeling about seeing deer, and I had been seeing alot of bucks. Well, at about 9:05 the wind changed, and my Dad turned around to adjust where he was looking. at 9:10, I look to my right and a buck is standing there! I bring up gun and look through the scope, and of course I am shaking some. so I take a step to the left to lean against my tree, and of course by then he was looking at me. I got a good rest againt the tree and pulled the trigger... He ran right past my dad, and dropped just over a little knoll in the hill. I ran over, and he was laying right there!! I had gotten a perfect double lung. The shot was between 20-30 yards, and he ran maybe 50-60. Then I had my first time field dressing . It was an awesome morning, and I couldn't stop smiling all day!!! Now I hope my Dad and older brother can get a buck, and that we can fill our DMPs.

Oh, I was using a Mossburg 12ga, with a rifled barrel and the scope it came with. I also am using fedral, sabbot, barnes expander tipped slugs, and they are awesome!
Attached Thumbnails My First Deer!!!-my-first-deer.jpg   My First Deer!!!-my-deer-2.jpg   My First Deer!!!-my-deer-5.jpg  
Old 11-26-2009, 03:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Congrats on a great buck. Thanks for sharing your special first buck with us. I hope there are many more to come over the years.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good job! its hard to beat the excitement you get from the 1st one, but its sure fun trying!
Old 11-26-2009, 04:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats to you!!! It sure is a nice buck for your first deer!! I too hope you enjoy many more in the future hunts.. Now that you have showed your dad up hopefully he can get one.. Thanks for sharing your special hunt with us...
Old 11-26-2009, 04:28 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on your first deer. nice buck also.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice buck and a great story!

Congrats on the first of many!!!
Old 11-26-2009, 04:45 AM
Typical Buck

YOU HAVE A DEER DOWN
IT'S A NICE BUCK
GET A GRINDER
MAKE SOME SAUSAGE
YOUR GONNA EAT GOOD

CONGRAT'S ON YOUR FIRST BUCK!
I'M SURE MORE WILL FOLLOW.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Spectacular!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Spike

Thanks alot everyone!
Old 11-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

congrats nice deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.