Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Very disturbing  pgc supports concept of birth control >

Very disturbing pgc supports concept of birth control

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Very disturbing pgc supports concept of birth control

Old 11-25-2009, 07:27 AM
Banned

Default Very disturbing pgc supports concept of birth control

Pgc is pushing the concept of deer birth control, a whacko animal rights concoction. This can be found on the Pa game commission fall deer chronicle. There is no surprise when it comes to pgc being nonhunter friendly but this is a new low.

"Given the unproven nature of these drugs to control or manage a free-ranging deer population, any Game Commission guidelines for their use will be designed to rigorously test this drug in real world circumstances."

Not only are they promoting gonacon on their website, but they are saying they are willing to encourage and facilitate further testing.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/p...7_20091123.pdf

100% unacceptable imho. Easy to see pgcs going hand in hand with hsus to lobby legislators on other issues was no fluke.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Actually the content of the deer chronicle reference to deer contraception was all oriented toward it NOT being a viable method of controlling the herd. The PGC position was exactly what it should have been. A responsible objective explanation of why it will not be used for now.

To think that anti hunting forces arent waiting and salivating for deer contraception to become more cost and labor efficient is to bury ones head in the sand. Rest assured that once it is made more cost and labor efficient, the antis will be screaming to the legislator for it. We'll be safe as long as the nonhunting public stills views us as the best tool for controlling deer but if that changes we are toast!! Just another reason we DONT want politicians involved any deeper than they are now our wildlife managemnent and we need to absolutely step up and pay our darn bills and not let any outside money come in to wildlife management.

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 11-25-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

is there a short version of this....no test tube deer?
Old 11-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Banned

"Actually the content of the deer chronicle reference to deer contraception was all oriented toward it NOT being a viable method of controlling the herd. The PGC position was exactly what it should have been."

Not even close. They shouldnt have a thing to do with this "antihunting" issue. Period. They didnt say its not a viable yet limited option. They support continuing on with it until it is. If they simply werent against it and thats bad enough. The fact they support it is even worse. Nowhere did i say anything about it being a viable option for controlling the statewide herd, nor is it what was insinuated as the pgc position. It doesnt have to be to be unacceptable. Testing is being supported by pgc. Thats enough in itself. Its 100% unnecessary and from a hunter standpoint 1000% counter productive. Wether you fear its implementation in the future only on a given scale is irrelavent. This shows, once again, how very hunter non-friendly pgc has become. First partnering with audubon (and still are #1 sons) then hsus, now this?

"To think that anti hunting forces arent waiting and salivating for deer contraception to become more cost and labor efficient is to bury ones head in the sand."

I agree. And for pgc to support and facilitate that is absurd imho.

"Rest assured that once it is made more cost and labor efficient, the antis will be screaming to the legislator for it."

And as usual, theyd be ignored. That is, unless they have firm backing making their goals "legit".

" We'll be safe as long as the nonhunting public stills views us as the best tool for controlling deer but if that changes we are toast!! Just another reason we DONT want politicians involved any deeper than they are now our wildlife managemnent and we need to absolutely step up and pay our darn bills and not let any outside money come in to wildlife management. "

The politicians arent the ones who spoke of supporting in state testing of deer birth control. They also arent the ones who petitioned along side sarah speed of hsus previously. They also arent the ones who are running a very hunter nonfriendly deer program with no input from hunters. Sorry but I dont trust them, and they sure as hell are giving me plenty of good reasons not to! Political "check and balance" is absolutely crucial at this point in time. Unfortunately.

More money to encourage this current crew to continue these things??? Why dont we just pay them triple to bring in Peta and really take care of our wildlife management! I hear they have biologists on staff. They're professionals Theyd never sell us out.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 11-25-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Banned

Here ya go BTB, if pgc were "hunter friendly" and not run by enviromentalist extremists... THIS would have been the response and the 100% correct one to this issue.

This is exerpts from animal rights site, them speaking in disgust about ohio dnr lack of support for them and for the new deer contraceptive:

"There was a discussion about the need to initiate changes in the ODNR and ODOW in Ohio who are UNRESPONSIVE TO THE CITIZENS THEY SHOULD BE SERVING. The ODNR and ODOW REFUSED to attend and answer questions from concerned citizens. Their ARROGANCY of these state agencies should disturb all citizens of Ohio. Our seminar had a non-confrontational exchange of ideas."

"Although the ODNR and ODOW was invited to this event, they refused to attend and declined our invitations and did everything to stop the event from occuring. The ODNR and ODOW have also blocked the appearances of biologists from the NWRC (National Wildlife Research Center) of the USDA who have created Gona Con a revoloutionary immunocontraceptive. The work NWRC is something that the ODOW does not want Ohio citizens to hear."

"Call the ODNR at 614-265-6565 and the Ohio Division of Wildlife (ODOW District 3 Director Dan Kramer (330-644-2293) or the ODOW state office at 614-265-6300) and ask them if Ohio will change to new technology and change our reputation as a state of barbarians. Let them become aware that the technology is available."

http://www.animalrightsfoundation.com/id7.html

Last edited by Cornelius08; 11-25-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

The bottom line and what the deer chronicle simply said is that EPA has approved Gonacon. It then went on to point out all the shortcomings of Gonacon.

It should be obvious that with the drug having been legalized, anti's will be pushing for it as hard as they can particularly in urban areas. The PGC was actually quite critical of its effectiveness and nothing was said that any reasonable person could construe as their promoting it. It actually reads more like they are laying the ground work toward resisting any efforts to use it in PA.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Banned

Then i guess i'll have to post it AGAIN.

""Given the unproven nature of these drugs to control or manage a free-ranging deer population, any Game Commission guidelines for their use will be designed to rigorously test this drug in real world circumstances""

Anyone able to read and comprehend, neednt have further explanation so not sure what your problem is. Antis I can understand supporting, but NOT a supposed "game" management agency. Perhaps you didnt understand, the initial approval only gave the decision of use or nonuse would be up to each states wildlife management agency. Also the statement above was made ABOUT PGC being all too eager to grant approval, and was made BY PGC.

I dont care what epa does or doesnt support as you try to deflect the attention to, I dont care what the antis want....I DO care what our game management agency does or doesnt support.

They support nonhunter friendly issues continually these days and this among the worst of them, and they sure as hell do not support US....But they support us paying them more money to screw us over.

Laying the groundwork for PREVENTING it? What the hell did you read from any of this that would lead you to make such an unbased statement? lol. Perhaps you better read the highlighted red again! There should be absolutely NO "GUIDELINES FOR USE" set forth by pgc, because it shouldnt be used in the first damn place including "vigorous testing in the real world" if usage isnt a goal to be considered!! That "testing" suggests the only issue and thing necessary would be to prove it works at decreasing productivity of deer herd. This bullchit has also been tested already, under controlled conditions in at least 3 states now. I fail to see any "groundwork" being laid by pgc to prevent its use here in Pa considering that fact. lol.

Btw, some of the studies currently underway on the topic are being done at pgcs preferred resource study center. Penn State. How many studies have they conducted for/with pgc? Guess this is just one more.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 11-25-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Then i guess i'll have to post it AGAIN.
Instead of simply cutting and pasting and posting it again, perhaps you should simply read it again.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:44 AM
Banned

Just curious, you ever seen anyone from pgc walk on water?
Old 11-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
Just curious, you ever seen anyone from pgc walk on water?
There's that reading comprehension problem again. I have openly and aggressively criticized several PGC policies and personell when appropriate.

Just a few examples

The railroaded crossbow inclusion

The infamous flying leap statement (which was adressed and apologized for later)

The infamous more and bigger bucks statement

etc etc etc

The paragraph about Gonacon in the deer chronicle was in no way supportive of it's use. It is realistic for any game agency to anticipate public pressure from anti's and wel meaning non hunters to use it in certain areas. The PGC chose to address the issue rather than ignore the fact that the issue WILL come up.

I think a more appropriate question is whether you can manage to post anything other than an attack on either the PGC or those on here who dont slink away when you start your screaming hissy fits and tantrums.

Take a chill pill, eat some turkey and have a creatine smoothie. Maybe it'll make you feel better. I'm leaving for deer camp so feel free to have the last word. I'll be gone for a week so you'll just have to make a fool of yourself without my help. I'm sure you'll be up to that challenge. I suspect Big Country wont be able to help you either. I heard he is still trying to save his business in the aftermath of your campaign to ruin him. The last time I talked to him he tried to conceal his anxiety over your threats by laughing hysterically but hey, we all deal with fear in different ways.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.