Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NY Deer Hunting-Need Help >

NY Deer Hunting-Need Help

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY Deer Hunting-Need Help

Old 11-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Spike

Default NY Deer Hunting-Need Help

So, my plans for opening weekend fell through and now Im in need of a plan fast. I have DMP tags for 3N, 3F,and one was singed over to me for 4P. Can anyone recomend areas for me to hunt up there Im from longisland and havent hunted in 3N or 3F yet. Im not looking for anyones secret spot, just a place to go and hunt. Ill reseach anything thats recomemded. I have a place to stay in westchester so ill just wake up early and drive how ever long it takes. I know its a long shot but if anyone is hunting in one of those areas and is looking for company Id love to join you. Most of my friends are bow hunters or duck hunters. I do alot of sea duckin here on the island and might be able to work out a duck hunt down here for a deer hunt up there. Any info would be greatly appreciated, pm me or email me at [email protected]
Old 11-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Forget about hunting those areas just because you have a doe permit. I would really suggest you look up Sterling Forest, drive up there, goto the office get a permit. heres the catch. you cant hunt opening weekend though, but you can hunt from monday on.to hunt opening weekend you need to have Had the permit from sept.
anyways. i would do that. its ALOT of land. just pull over and go. and you can buy a map for 10$ i highley recommend. the reason i recommed is that its 1 hour from NYC. im from longisland. and i would go and stay at motel nearby. try it out.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

X2 sterling forest. I live right next to SF and there are some excellent opportunities this year w/ a bunch of new land opened up. the nearest motels I can think of is the tuxedo motel across from the old red apple rest on old rt17 or rt17m off old rt17 in monroe/harriman. PM me and Ill give you some tips on some good spots to hunt.