Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Chango county mcdonough state park >

Chango county mcdonough state park

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Chango county mcdonough state park

Old 11-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default Chango county mcdonough state park

I like to here from any one that hunts the park ?
I was thinking in trying for opening day with the rifle.
I like to double check is that area is rifle i know some time back it was shotgun area only?
I been up around there a few times scouting seen a lot of deer sign and buck scrapes i wonder how the heards are up in that area?
Old 11-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

I have to say we all saw deer on sat: up in the park maybe 10 guys covered the park truck trail.The only one to take a deer was my son everyone did see a lot of does, buck no large bucks came out of the park area.
I have to say with the warm weather and not many hunters at all the deer would bed down and not move.
The deer sign was out standing i came across some buck rubs over 4ft. tall

I think the weather and some snow on the ground will start moving them
Old 11-27-2009, 10:37 AM
KPD
Spike

I was hunting McDonough State Forest opening morning, saw alot of does and a spike - it was hit hard by lots of hunters.

I heard 100+ shots - saw many hunters, people camped on the truck trail, etc

I had spooked deer running past me all morning, even a wounded doe that I tried to finish off - a group of about 6 guys came by tracking it later on - was that your group?
Old 11-27-2009, 10:38 AM
KPD
Spike

Oh, there was a 10 point and an 8 point taken from McDonough State Forest on opening day - and another 8 I saw taken on Monday -
Old 11-30-2009, 05:26 AM
Typical Buck

you guys must of been on the otherside of Rt220 I was in the park truck trail there must of been 8 guys total hunting all saw does,My son had seen a small 4 pointer at 8 am with 3 does but could not get the shot.He did take a huge 2 year old doe that went more then 150 on the hoof.
I have to say lots of deer sign rubs,scrapes;I seen one scrape well over 5 ft. tall on some thin saplings
Old 12-01-2009, 06:19 AM
KPD
Spike

I was told a 10 ptr got taken on the north side of Route 220 - real close the where the remnants of the old building are at the entrance to the truck trail - it's just a chimney now -

Yes, I was on the south side of 220 - there were many hunters on the south side -