Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa is rockin!!!

Old 11-06-2009, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

where i hunt in 4e bucks have been responding well to rattling and also grunting, in addition to can call bleats

yesterday though, in my tree at 4:30am and two buck were dogging a doe, grunting like mad, thanks to the moonlight i could see nice racks on both

but, when daylight arrived, only a 4 point (who came in after a can call grunt sequence) and a 5 point (12 yards from base of my tree, too late on counting points, also came in to can call, grunt, rattle sequence) signaled to me the seeking is on, chasing just starting

my dad hunted a groundblind near a corn field and heard a buck grunt behind him, turns out a small racked 4pt was on a trail of a doe, he can called him into 8 yards and could not shoot (antler restrictions)

saturday, monday, tuesday all day for each, night hunts the rest of next week...please give me a shot at a buck
Old 11-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

Sat in the stand tonight from 1:30 till dark. I saw 2 does early then nothing till last light. Three does came across the bean field with a very nice buck following them. They turned and headed right to me while he kept going. I've seen him with two other buck since the season opened, this is the first time I saw him without his two buddies. Looks like the bucks are now cruising on their own. I grunted loudly all he did was turn his head towards me then kept walking away. I'm gonna hunt the same spot in the AM hoping he swings around my way. Good luck to everyone in the morning!
Old 11-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Today started slow...ended great!!

Had a fantastic day. I saw a nice 8 and a HUGE 8. This deer was massive and was walking the perimeter of the valley grunting. He looked like a 140 class 8. One of the biggest deer I have seen on stand. They were grunting and chasing does. Too far for a shot. My future brother-in-law took a really nice 8 with 10 inch g2's around 4pm about a half mile from me. We weighed it dressed at 178. My brother saw a bunch of deer chasing but no shots for him. All the action started for us around 2:30.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a photo of the buck I mentioned in the prior post. We didn't know he was around. He was one of those bucks that just pops out of the woodwork.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

Nice deer!!!! I had a blast on my two days off, and saw 22 deer in those two days, but didn't happen. Passed a longer shot than I wanted on a nice sized doe, and then passed a button buck on friday at 15 yards. Just didn't want to do it, though I am getting hungry for meat. Saw one good buck 200 yards off with two smaller ones running a doe ragged out the ridgetop. Everything I had I threw at them for calls trying to get them in range, but hard to compete with the real thing when they're chasing it's hit or miss. They either run past close enough and you can stop one for a shot, or you sit and enjoy the show from a distance like I had to. Still an awesome thing to see.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

Awesome buck
Old 11-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Typical Buck

Nice PA 8 pointer...congratulations to him and good luck to you
Old 11-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

I was seeing doe on a regular basis since the begining of archery up until last week. I think they are hold up tight where I hunt. I did not see a doe since Saturday. But the bucks are all over the place cruising the woods. From Saturday until Tuesday morning, I saw 2 different 4 pts, a 6 pt., one small 7pt and a heavy beamed 7 pt, one small basket racked 8 pt., and finally a 9 pt that was the unlucky recepient of a Magnus Stinger thru the boiler room. All these buck were 25 yds and closer. The reason I was holding out was for a nice 8 pt that I got on trail cam, but when the 9 pt showed up I changed my mind pretty quickly.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I was seeing doe on a regular basis since the begining of archery up until last week. I think they are hold up tight where I hunt. I did not see a doe since Saturday. But the bucks are all over the place cruising the woods. From Saturday until Tuesday morning, I saw 2 different 4 pts, a 6 pt., one small 7pt and a heavy beamed 7 pt, one small basket racked 8 pt., and finally a 9 pt that was the unlucky recepient of a Magnus Stinger thru the boiler room. All these buck were 25 yds and closer. The reason I was holding out was for a nice 8 pt that I got on trail cam, but when the 9 pt showed up I changed my mind pretty quickly.
the doe are being hunted hard this week and bucks too.that is why they are not being seen to much.i have seen only a 4 point this week here in clinton county,pa.
but we are seeing a lot of bears and very small ones .i have not seen a bear over 150 pds,many under 100 pds.rut and crossbow hunters took this week to hunt.

everyone i talk too is very disgusted with archery season this year here in clinton county.most did not see very many deer and most were bucks.some saw more bucks than doe like 3 bucks and 1 doe.i have not seen a deer in my yard in over week now.rut has deer nuts right now.you have to be careful driving at noon.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Sproul, some areas of Clinton County are filthy with acorns, but the Hyner mountain area seems spotty or sparse. You probably spend a lot more time on Hyner mountain than I do, what's your opinion?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.