Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Marylander heading to Vermont for rifle season, where to go? >

Marylander heading to Vermont for rifle season, where to go?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Marylander heading to Vermont for rifle season, where to go?

Old 11-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Spike

Default Marylander heading to Vermont for rifle season, where to go?

Hey guys first timer here. I am from Maryland and my father lives in Vermont. We are both avid hunters (bow, black powder, rifle, turkey, waterfowl ect)..... I have hunted Vermont a few times in the southern region near Bellows Falls where my father lives and save for a few tails running away have been skunked every time. This is far from what we are use to in the farm lands of Maryland but its more of a hunt for the fun of it rather than the kill when I head north.

So I hear that the hunting is better in other areas? Northwest Kingdom? North East? Really all were looking for is a public land area where we can camp in the pop up and do some old fashioned hunting on the ground with rifle. An area with snow mobile/atv legal trails would be great as we have both and would like to get back away from other hunters off the beaten path... I have done some research on the Vermont fish and wildlife site but nothing is better than your firsthand experience and any help is greatly appriciated!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Not sure about VT but most ATV/Snowmobile trail systems are closed during deer season in many states NY and PA for sure. Might want to check into this first.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Lots of open hunting state land all along the green mountains and the NEK is mostly open paper company land. Leave the snowmachines and wheelers home since most state land and wildlife areas prohibit the use during hunting season. Good luck.