Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Be Careful

Old 10-25-2009, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Be Careful

Don't let your desire to kill a deer cause you to risk your lie.

Hunter Struck by Lightning in Bucks County

State Troopers were called to the aid of a hunter Saturday night after he was struck by lightning in Ottsville, Bucks County. The strike took place sometime before 7:00 p.m. in a wooded area off of the 8100 block of Easton Road (PA Rt. 611) near Lake Nockamixon State Park, according to State Police at the Dublin Barracks. They say the man was up in a tree during a period of stormy weather. The man's condition has not been released.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

This guy was shot in the stomach with a 50.cal. ML.

Condition of Hunter Shot In Berks County Improves

The conditon of a hunter accidentally shot by another hunter Friday in Berks County improved Sunday. According to officials at the Reading Hospital, Seth Spangler, 28 was upgraded to fair conditon Sunday, after spending most of the weekend in critical conditon. Spanger was shot in the stomach Friday morning while hunting near Blue Marsh Lake in Lower Heidelberg Township.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

That's sad and I hope for full recovery for the hunter. But I'm also surprised this hasn't happened more often during the early muzzle loader season because of the dense foliage on the trees and shrubs at this time of year.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

yeah, I agree with this being a very sad event and it doesn't make hunters have a good public image either. ALWAYS BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET before you point your weapon of choice.. Up here there is a muzzle loader season only after rifle season has gone by.. Rifle season here starts this Saturday and my son and daughter both are taking hunter safety courses then.. Yikes I will have my hands full of excitement then.. Although it will be great to see them out hunting and knowing they are not doing drugs and all that!!!