Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
WV Bow opener this weekend...wet and cold >

WV Bow opener this weekend...wet and cold

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WV Bow opener this weekend...wet and cold

Old 10-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default WV Bow opener this weekend...wet and cold

I am psyched for the start of regular bow season, but I am less thrilled about the current forecast in the eastern panhandle for temperatures below 40 and rain/snow mix.

I have a gortex jacket, but that is the extent of my wet weather hunting gear (Oh yea, I also have one of those tree stand umbrellas that I may deploy).

I am debating whether to just hunt my back yard on Saturday and Sunday, or adventure out into Sleepy Creek or Shannondale. I guess I will get all packed up, and look at the radar on Staurday morning, and as long as it is just scattered showers, I will head out.

The good thing about the cold is the ability to hang your deer for 3 or so days before butchering.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Spike

me to sniggle i hope to be posting a nice 8 pt. picture on here tomorrow. i had over 300 pics of him over the past few months. good luck be safe