HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   First Day of PA archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/305790-first-day-pa-archery.html)

DougE 10-05-2009 07:49 AM

I killed a doe in the morning and another doe in the afternoon.

TheMiz54 10-05-2009 08:16 AM

Lets see some pictures from all these PA guys

bowfly 10-05-2009 02:15 PM

Miz, I posted a story of my opening day doe in this regional section of the forum, as well as the general bowhunting forum too, enjoy, pic included.

tim03b 10-06-2009 07:25 AM

I got her around 6:45P.M.

sorry about the poor picture quality. My mom lost the digital camera that night so i had to use my cell phone.

I double lunged her and she ran about 100 yards, which was shocking to me considering i used rage 3 blade broadheads.

Anyways I wish good luck to the rest of the deer hunters out there this season.

BTBowhunter 10-07-2009 07:02 AM

First PA opener I've missed in a long time. Opened the Illinois season this weekend instead. It was slow as it seemed the deer were holed up tighter than ticks but we managed to take a couple of does.

Gonna try and get out this afternoon for my PA "opener"

Good luck to all and be safe!!!

Cornelius08 10-07-2009 09:01 AM

"Opened the Illinois season this weekend instead."

Gee, imagine that. lmao.

rem700man 10-07-2009 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Screamin Steel (Post 3463625)
Bagged a doe at 9 am saturday in 4D......drove down to 5A for the evening and saw 19 deer...lots of doe at ten yards, saw one decent buck outta range. The Rage two blade is insane, I'm tellin' ya.That deer hit the ground dead in approx. five seconds. Fifty yard recovery. Sorry, no pics this time around, we were working quick to get her skinned and hung so we could get washed up again and hit the road for the evening hunt. Probably won't get out this week...Gotta get ready for steelhead fishin'!!!!!

Screamin Steel:
where do you hunt in 4D? Im just trying to get an idea of what kinda deer your seeing in the area,,,I hunt Real close to the town of Loganton on the clinton/centre co lines,,,im hopin you saw a fair amount of deer,,,im really looking forward to hunting that area this year in rifle season

Lanse couche couche 10-08-2009 08:20 AM

Wow, I thought that Illinois was deer hunting paradise where 30 point bucks are there for the taking on opening weekend. Sounds like BT could have done just as well back in PA. You should still write a strong letter to the Illinois DNR condemning them for ruining deer hunting in Illinois since you didn't kill a big buck.:biggrin:

BTBowhunter 10-08-2009 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Lanse couche couche (Post 3467495)
Wow, I thought that Illinois was deer hunting paradise where 30 point bucks are there for the taking on opening weekend. Sounds like BT could have done just as well back in PA. You should still write a strong letter to the Illinois DNR condemning them for ruining deer hunting in Illinois since you didn't kill a big buck.:biggrin:

LOL, maybe I should start another "worst state" poll eh?

Meanwhile back in PA, the deer came in about a half hour before first light this morning. The moon was up and it was kinda neat watching them step into the "spotlights" all around my tree created by the really bright moonlight coming through the holes in the canopy.

Cornelius08 10-08-2009 11:49 AM

Whatsa matter btb, credit card max out or wasnt a guide available to take you by the hand? lol

I also saw some predawn deer the last couple of mornings. Better luck tomorrow hopefully. Not really gonna give a poetic description of little deer dancing in the spotlight moonbeams through the trees though. lol.

"Wow, I thought that Illinois was deer hunting paradise where 30 point bucks are there for the taking on opening weekend."

Donno. Guess thats whether you believe the record books or not. lmao.

Lanse why on earth would btb complain? He left one of the worst whitetail states in the nation to go to one of the best for the first day. Id call that a sensible trade-off, and one i doubt he had to think long and hard about. lmao.