Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Backdoor anti attack on hunting in pa !!! >

Backdoor anti attack on hunting in pa !!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Backdoor anti attack on hunting in pa !!!

Old 09-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Banned

Default Backdoor anti attack on hunting in pa !!!

TAKEN FROM ANTIHUNTING WEBSITE:

"Neanderthals stalked and killed animals for food during the Ice Age … and they still do it today for “SPORT.” Just about every wild animal that is not endangered or threatened is hunted or trapped in the state of Pennsylvania. In Pennsylvania, the death toll for the 1996-97 hunting and trapping season was 5,945,116 animals. This does not include countless millions who die, e.g. : "small game" species such as rabbits, gophers, and muskrats whose death tolls are not required to be reported, animals who are wounded but run away and die a lingering death, and animals who are inadvertently trapped and released with mortal wounds.
Hunters and trappers have way too much power over wildlife in Pennsylvania and other states where they comprise less than *9% of the state population. The reasons for their power over wildlife reside in an archaic funding structure.

State wildlife agencies like the PA Game Commission receive their funding from the sale of hunting/trapping permits and funds from the Pittman-Robertson taxes on firearms and ammunition. If the funding structure was changed to include public funds, then strategies for the treatment of wildlife would reflect the views and concerns of all residents rather than just the cruel lethal management techniques of hunters and trappers. State wildlife agencies would become truly public agencies rather then “special interest groups for blood sports” if their funding structure was reformed"

http://www.mobilizationforanimals.org/stophunting.html

As it just so happens, Some borderline antihunters and hardcore antis are trying to push through a bill based on the marcellus shale gas tax as one source of "alternate" funding. This needs to be stopped! Pa is already one of the highest funded states in the nation using HUNTING LICENSE funding as well as resources from hunter paid for lands.

Please contact your legislator and tell them to vote NO on house bill 1489 and any other looking to use public tax funding for our game commission!

Last edited by Cornelius08; 09-30-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
Hunters and trappers have way too much power over wildlife in Pennsylvania and other states where they comprise less than *9% of the state population. The reasons for their power over wildlife reside in an archaic funding structure.

State wildlife agencies like the PA Game Commission receive their funding from the sale of hunting/trapping permits and funds from the Pittman-Robertson taxes on firearms and ammunition. If the funding structure was changed to include public funds, then strategies for the treatment of wildlife would reflect the views and concerns of all residents rather than just the cruel lethal management techniques of hunters and trappers. State wildlife agencies would become truly public agencies rather then “special interest groups for blood sports” if their funding structure was reformed"

Let me think. Where did I ever hear this before??? Hmmm... Sounds something like Dic k would say. Something about, we would be far better off if we worked from the general fund and told hunters to take a flying leap with their money. Any connection to Dic k being anti-hunting? Sure makes me wonder. Anti-hunters working for the game commission? Nah, never could happen.

Good find Cornellius.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

"small game" species such as rabbits, gophers, and muskrats

Gophers? Gophers??????

Sorry fellows. I forgot to report how many gophers I shot in PA last season. Not to mention badger and spruce grouse.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

Wonder what exactly the antis would have in mind for us if they were suddenly given rule. Would they end hunting? One has to wonder if they are even bright enough to realize how quickly species like deer and bear would expand and the problems that would create for society without hunters controllling them. And they called US neanderthals. I like to refer to it as "staying close to my roots"...LOL
Old 10-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Banned

I agree. These jokers are COMPLETE MORONS. Only problem is, if you follow politics here at all, and know some of the legislators, you know some of them are not hunter friendly and are equally as asnine. Im certain many of them wouldnt know a gopher from a groundhog or a coon track from a deer track either. Some are also very uneducated when it comes to outdoor issues and the threats that come from antis and econuts playing on their ignorance are very real.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Spike

These are the same people that fish, kill spiders, flies, and eat packaged meat in the store. Yes I said flies and spiders, whats the difference, they are all living things. If you go to this extreme they better not be swatting any flies.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Aint this interesting. Of course, there would not be any funding problems if a greedy minority would stop the efforts to block a license increase so they can look at a few more deer.

The USP and similar whiners are stupidly playing right into the hands of the anti's by continuing their efforts to starve the PGC into seeking outside funding alternatives just so they can have a few more deer to look at each season.

The "backdoor attack" wouldn't be possible without the traitors we already have inside the house!

The hunters worst enemy is in our midst........

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 10-07-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

Greedy minority??? I'd like to see you try and prove that.

The "backdoor attack" wouldn't be possible without the traitors we already have inside the house!
You got that right. That is the house on Elmerton Avenue. There wouldn't be an issue of funding if the game commission wasn't lending an ear to Audbohn and the rest of the environmentalist wacko's.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Banned

"The hunters worst enemy is in our midst........ "

I agree they in in our midst. People like you who have their heads stuck up their own backside so far they would rather attack other hunters than those flat out attacking our sport and heritage of deer hunting in Pennsylvania, just because ya'll choose to buy your bucks and others do not.

You can lie all you like, the ones attempting to screw us are not fellow hunters and not even usp. I think the facts speak for themselves. The environmentalist nutjobs and antis have more say and power than any of us do currently.

One day maybe you will see the ugly cold face of reality. But somehow I doubt it. Also interesting how SUPER you say Pa hunting is, yet you went to Illinois over Pa. Now go back to Illinois with your wallet open. Your certain to find the reality of Pa deer management there. lmao.

"efforts to starve the PGC into seeking outside funding alternatives just so they can have a few more deer to look at each season."

They are starving themselves, by not practicing responsible management. Noone is holding a gun to their head making them manage 100% irresponsibly. If they are more willing to stick to their econut affiliates "agenda" and are more than happy to petition for outside funding that the antis are pushing for as well.... Instead of practicing sound management... How in the hell are we supposed to support such a crooked corrupt agency and pay them more money when they are very enthusiastic about siding with the enemies???

Pgc wants more money when they are one of the highest paid wildlife agencies in the nation already? I dont buy it, but fine. Do your job pgc. You dont do your job. You dont get paid. That is unless you have friends in high places and they say you dont need to do your job to get paid. We will be finding out if thats the case very soon with pgc.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 10-07-2009 at 08:58 AM.