Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
What is your most productive week in archery season >

What is your most productive week in archery season

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What is your most productive week in archery season

Old 09-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default What is your most productive week in archery season

With the opener just five day's away for us in Pa. First;I like to wish you all GOOD LUCK! this season and also to our fellow hunters that may have already started in our neighboring states. Would like to hear from other archery hunters,regardless of what state you hunt. What has been your most productive days or weeks during the archery season.

For myself. Starting with my third season of archery hunting,I've always kept a note book in my truck. I record the date,weather conditions,hunting pressure,the primary food source in that area and naturally,what deer I saw and how many. My records show,that I've taken five of my bucks,including my biggest,the first week of the season.But, "my" best week. The last week of October! Specifically,October 27 through the 31st. The greatest numbers of my harvests have happened the last week of October.
This week also produced a fair number of my bigger buck. It has also been my best week for deer responding to rattling horns and grunt tubes.

HAVE A SAFE AND FUN SEASON!!!

Old 09-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last year, I got my biggest buck on October 25th. So, I'm biased to that date. But I've shot deer on all the different weekends in archery. Whenever I can get out, I have a chance.

With that being said, the buck sightings kick in around the weekend of October 16-18 and continue up through rifle season. We never see too many bucks in the early season. But, it only takes one......
Old 09-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont keep a log but my best weeks have come a bit later. Most of my mature bucks (3.5 and up) have all come around the 10-12th of November.

For pure buck activity, I agree that the last days of October are tough to beat, but the big boys are more vulnerable as the rut gets really close to peak time.

JMHO
Old 09-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

I know you said one week but i would stretch it out a little and say Oct 30- Nov 10 are the days where it just seems something great can happen at any second. Every year i almost get fired from work and break up with my girlfriend around that time so i guess that would be my answer.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

I ended up in marriage counseling, lol.....
Old 09-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

Wink

Originally Posted by rh160kid
Every year i almost get fired from work and break up with my girlfriend around that time

Been down those roads!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Typical Buck

Up until the inline muzzy season started, my best week for bucks has always been the 3rd week of October. Nowadays it's hard telling.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Banned

Last week of Oct. First week Nov. very close second. 1st week of season third.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

I have always bow-killed a big buck the following week after DE Nov shotgun season closes.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

First week of November is usually money for me. Bucks are usually on their feet cruising all day and responding very well to calls and scents. Sometimes last week of October is hot too....but I ALWAYS schedule some vacation time for the first week of November. Of course you always get that little bit of fluctuation from year to year but it's usually a safe bet. I also would rate the first week very good if you have got them still on summer patterns and you can get the jump on one before they even realize the pressure is on them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.